Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I've been lurking here for a few months now since I've been interested in MDXs and am now about to purchase a used 2nd gen of my own

I have narrowed it down to these two:
2007 w/ tech, nav $11,000
  • 160,000km (just under 100,000 miles)
  • timing belt has been replaced already
  • has the backup camera (no guidelines) on a bigger nav screen instead of on the rearview mirror in the 2011
  • no power liftgate
2011 base model $18,000
  • 109,000km (just under 68,000 miles)
  • timing belt will need to be replaced soon due to age
  • backup camera on the rearview mirror (has guidelines)
  • power liftgate
I'm leaning just a tad bit to the '07 with tech package just because of the price and the fact that the timing belt has already been replaced so that saves me quite a bit of cash, and has the bigger backup camera screen..but it is the first year of the 2nd gen..and I tend to steer clear from it
On the other hand..I like the exterior of the '11 a lot better. 6spd tranny, and lower mileage. I don't like how the backup camera is on the rearview mirror though, and it also costs $7,000 more

I'm looking for a family hauler that I would keep long term and I'm stuck between these two
Any thoughts? Thanks! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
i would honestly say both options are pretty overpricing, I recently bought my MDX with 80k miles that came fully loaded and had remote start two sets of wheels tinted and an aftermarket entertainment system installed. i would recommend checking out on facebook marketplace for cars and definitely note the service history.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention
I'm from Vancouver, BC, so those prices are in Canadian dollars lol but yes, prices of MDXs are quite high out here
There are actually a few on craigslist and autotrader that I saw, I've just been narrowing them down based on their mileage, if they have service records, etc.
It will not be easy to find a 1 owner with all the service records as there's not even that many private-sale MDXs selling theirs right now.. unfortunately for me lol

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
2011 = Oil consumption issues and lousy shifting from the 6 speedo.
2007 = Replace radiator as preventive maintenance and bad HFL units drain the battery.

Tech vs base? I would go with the Tech 07 all the way, No way in hell I am switching over to a base model with known issue engine just to say the car is newer. But take my opinion with a grain of salt as I own a 07 Tech + Res model.

Still both of your options are OVERPRICED to hell...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I wanted to go look at the 2007 today, but it got sold yesterday lol -__- sigh

Yes the prices are in Canadian dollars, so the 2011 MDX that's $18000 CAD, is about $13700 USD

I went to go look at the 2011 earlier with my friend who's a technician, had a cracked windshield (although they will replace that before they sell it of course)
It also had a few scuffs on the exterior, but nothing major
The brakes had lots of life still, and after test driving it, it felt fine, shifts smoothly, no unusual noises or rattles

I'm going to go back when their shop is open and ask if I can get one of their techs to lift it up on the hoist so I can take a good look at the bottom of the car for any leaks because it's hard to see much from the top of the engine bay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now there is also this 2010 that I have not looked at yet, but I will
It's a 2010 Tech with DVD for $17000 CAD (~$13000 USD)
  • 161,000km (~100,000 miles)
  • all the goodies that come with a 2010 tech, plus a DVD player for the back rows which is nice since I have a kid but I'm sure she can live without it lol
What do y'all think?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Now there is also this 2010 that I have not looked at yet, but I will
It's a 2010 Tech with DVD for $17000 CAD (~$13000 USD)
  • 161,000km (~100,000 miles)
  • all the goodies that come with a 2010 tech, plus a DVD player for the back rows which is nice since I have a kid but I'm sure she can live without it lol
What do y'all think?
that deal seems pretty promising, i would still say try to negotiate the prices especially if there’s no timing belt done because that’s a big maintenance job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that deal seems pretty promising, i would still say try to negotiate the prices especially if there’s no timing belt done because that’s a big maintenance job.
Yeah never settle for the asking price for sure hahahah thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts