1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

Turn the key, it starts, and dies.

A video is worth a lot of words: http://youtu.be/M_krPRUNFA4

In terms of my contribution to the problem, I had popped the cover off the drivers side door to take a look at replacing the speaker.

I would be grateful if anyone has any insight.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I'm not sure I saw it start. Did you check the battery?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did. Battery was fine. In the end it was a couple of fuses. Of course I have no idea *why* I lost two fuses, but it's working for the moment and that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2011 tech model it was the theft deterrent system it kept thinking it was being stolen and turning the gas off after replacing both key fobs and a unit in the steering column they told me "it was fixed". I have since traded it in for my 2014 Advance.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I would suspect the ignition switch. It looks as if you loose "Ign" circuit power after the engine starts and you release the key. That will cause the instrument panel lighting to shut down, as seen on your video.

Using a test light at the electrical connection to the switch will verify if this is indeed the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did. Battery was fine. In the end it was a couple of fuses. Of course I have no idea why I lost two fuses, but it's working for the moment and that's good enough for me.
Hi OttawaGeorge. I saw your posting with the same problem I am now experiencing. Could you help me narrow down which fuse to look for? Thank you so much.

Wayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts