Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What options are there for replacing the Magnetic Struts and Shocks on a 2007 MDX Sport

I have one front and one rear that have seized up:surprise:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Your 2007 is out of the AcuraCare warranty range, so:

1. Replace them yourself, after buying them at an Acura OEM site. Materials 2 ea front and 2 ea rear for about $2,400 - $2,600 plus shipping. You'll probably need to replace both front sway bar end links, for about $11 ea.

2. Let your Acura dealer do the work, for under $4,500*
*They don't give you the 30% discount on the parts and charge around $175/hr labor.

3. Switch over to non electronic shocks. I did mine myself, for under $700 and got them from MacChurchill Acura in Cowtown.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@carpayment4life, OPtion #3 the Non-electronic shocks, Does it Work with no Problem, Or it'll Give you a warning light on the dash with an occasional ding sound too?

·
Registered
752 Posts
@carpayment4life, OPtion #3 the Non-electronic shocks, Does it Work with no Problem, Or it'll Give you a warning light on the dash with an occasional ding sound too?
The rear shocks will be unplugged and a 2 ohm/10 watt resistor will be taped in to the connector, which goes back to the vehicle.

The front shocks will be unplugged and a 5 ohm/ 10watt resistor will be taped into the connector.

I did mine 17 months ago. After I installed the resistors, I set the inside switch to comfort and drove about 2500 miles, no issues.
My wife switched it from comfort and 1000 miles later, a light appeared on the dash.
I pressed it back to comfort and lifted off the neg. from the battery, to clear the dash.
So now we don't experiment anymore. It stays in comfort mode, with the resistors taped in place.

Look at the following link, on pages 14 for photos and pg 16 for the online "mouser" store to buy the resistors with part numbers.

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-second-generation-mdx-2007-2013/56394-ads-shocks-regular-14.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts