Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new member to this forum since i bought a 2007 Mdx with 146k km. Just noticed that i got LEMON, i hear that rattle sound ( sounds like heat shield rattle)
around at 2000 Rpm and in 3rd or 4th gear. I read about this rattle is due to a faulty torque converter, is that right? If it is, then what if i live with this rattle noise? Will this be a big safety issue if i dont get it fixed? Or will the transmissuon get damage? Please advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi all, new member to this forum since i bought a 2007 Mdx with 146k km. Just noticed that i got LEMON, i hear that rattle sound ( sounds like heat shield rattle)
around at 2000 Rpm and in 3rd or 4th gear. I read about this rattle is due to a faulty torque converter, is that right? If it is, then what if i live with this rattle noise? Will this be a big safety issue if i dont get it fixed? Or will the transmissuon get damage? Please advise. Thanks.
Have you checked to make sure that it is not actually the heat shield itself making that noise..Mine did exactly just that and turned out to be the the heat shields on the primary cats to which I snipped off and discarded..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts