Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my car last weekend and the battery was dead. I jumped it and and everything was fine. I turned the car off and heard the CD changer still running. Like it was trying to switch discs. I removed the whole unit and found a penny (thanks to my kid) in the changer. I put the unit back in and nothing came back on. The Navi (can't enter my codes) radio, and backup camera are all out. I have checked my connections to the unit and they appear to be tight. Any thoughts?
thx in advance
JMac

2007 MDX - SH-AWD/Black
-Pro Stop Brakes
-K&N Filter

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Weird. Did you check the fuse box? There's one I believe in the back cargo area and one I think under passenger footwell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. I checked drivers side fuses #5 through #9. More specifically,I removed them one at a time - tested each one with a tester and reinserted. The unit isn't getting any power.
JMac

2007 MDX - 60k

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 MDX - No Power to Navi/Radio/Backup Camera -Continued

hi all,
I went to start my car this morning and it was dead, again. After the initial dead battery, I removed fuse #5 and the car was solid for a week. Having heard the clicking I removed the radio/Nav - long story short. Popped everything back including fuse #5 and nothing came on. The Navi was working before I pulled out fuse #5. I left everything connected and was driving the car until this morning when it was dead again. Could the dead unit still be causing a draw? Is there a relay associated with the Radi/Nav/Backup camera? Could the HFL / or Bluetooth cause the issue? OR do i just need to buy a new radio unit?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts