Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched but cannot find any help pertaining to removal of the drivers side air mix motor on a 2nd G MDX. It's located up behind the center console facing drivers side. I can see it but only see one screw and it looks like a PITA to get to it. There is a small vent that is in the way which looks like it should be fairly easy to remove. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Lot's of descriptions of pax side air mix motor on www, but I found nothing on driver's side mix motor. I had this problem w/ pax side which was not too difficult to access.

Removal of under dash panel may increase light and access, but this is likely just a difficult job.

Good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Removed driver seat to squeeze under dash, looks like I need to remove the TPMS sensor unit to get to one of the screws. Also, there is a vent of some sort that has only one apparent screw, moves around, but does not want to come out. Think if I can get it removed then I should be able to get motor out. Will report back!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once I removed TPMS sensor bracket (did not have to disconnect it) then it was much easier to access the three screws with a screwdriver. Took motor apart and all the gears looked fine, worm gear had minimal play. Was concerned it was something else, but then I read on a honda forum to clean the grease off the electronic grid on the large gear. So far that seems to have fixed the noise!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The grease becomes contaminated w/ debris from the wiper resistance pads. No longer a linear resistance strip which confuses the feed back circuit.

Glad to hear you were able to fix.

good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a reference diagram or picture for locating the diver side air mix motor? I have incessant clicking from under my dash and have been meaning to get this fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts