Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi MDXers!

I have a problem with my center console Aux jack. Does anyone else have to move the plug from one side or the other just to get it work? I'm thinking I'll have to buy a new part. I just can't tell if this is the right part number for the 2nd Gen MDX

Part # 39112-TZ5-A02

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2007 Tech pkg. with the same problem. I pulled the door to the port off because it was causing pressure on the cord and I thought this is why it stopped working. I'd really like to listen to music on my phone again. Has anyone else had the problem?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi MDXers!

I have a problem with my center console Aux jack. Does anyone else have to move the plug from one side or the other just to get it work? I'm thinking I'll have to buy a new part. I just can't tell if this is the right part number for the 2nd Gen MDX

Part # 39112-TZ5-A02

Thanks in advance!
I checked that part number on acurapartswarehouse.com and it doesn't seem to be the right one.

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
I just ordered a replacement aux port off ebay that said it was for 2006-2011 Honda Civic part # 39112-SNA-A01. It was definitely an aftermarket part, not OEM, and had a slightly different flip cover, but was plug and play right out of the box with the same connector and popped right into the same spot in the center console. A whopping $13.99 and free shipping. Beat the heck out of the $80 the Acura dealer wanted. Works just like the original!

·
Registered
904 Posts
What year is your MDX? I have an 09 and might try that part.
Thanks!
See my signature...2007. 2009 should be the same.

i dont see anyone mention to try as new cable / cord first?????
In my case it was very obvious that there was a short in the aux port itself, so a new cable wouldn't help. The design is pretty poor with the port on the front wall of the center console storage unit. Assuming you leave your aux cord plugged in all the time like most people would it gets bumped frequently when putting stuff into the compartment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts