Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just changed my sensor and had to drill it out as well. The error on my code scanner showed open sensor before I changed it then went to a right rear sensor failure after. I was real careful when I drilled this out and even put tape around the drill bit about an 1/8 inch less than the length of the sensor as not to go to far. I figured that a piece broke off in the hub so I ordered a new hub thinking the magnet was damaged like stevend510. When I pulled it off, there was the tip of the old sensor and a small piece of the magnet was gone which is likely what happened to stevend510. The lesson to all of this is that if you need to drill the sensor out, remove the hub to make sure all the old sensor is gone. This is a lot of extra work but at least it will likely save you from buying a new hub..

·
Registered
798 Posts
Similiar thing happened to me too. I wonder what it is about the rear right sensor going bad. In most of the cases I read, it is this one.

I'm just lucky I was able to remove the hub. That thing was frozen on there for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just came across this and have the same issue. Had to drill out the old ABS sensor when I changed the old hub (should have left the old one in) but did so after the new hub was replaced. Gonna change the hub with a new one and see if the Christmas tree of lights on the dash shut off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have to take the abs sensor out to replace the hub or it will break it when taking out. So if your doing the hub might as well get the sensor as well cause its gonna be rusted in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And check to make sure the hubs are axactly in every way the same, Acura gave me the wrong hub, the only difference was the wrong one had a 1/4 inch recesse in it, so it destroyed the new abs sensor as i drove it for a day.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts