Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 MDX and in the rear cargo area there is water leaking and leaving water marks around the cabin. There is also a noticeable bump forming from all the water being built up over time (Bump is on the bottom left side of the pic) along with a moldy smell.

I would like to get this fixed ASAP. Hopefully without resorting to the dealership if possible. I've read similar posts that using epoxy to seal it should fix the problem but what can I do to clear the water marks that have formed? What brand of epoxy sealant should I be looking for? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
17 Posts
You need to seal the seams when you open up the tailgate. Common issue on Hondas, used some permatex gasket sealer on mine and solved the issue!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
What kind of seams? Can you take a picture so that I know exactly what you mean? Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts

at around 2:50, also check the seams around the roof rack those tend to leak as well for some people.

I'd also follow this post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an issue with water leaking into my right speaker in my cargo bay. I can tell it is leaking because the fabric cover is wet, and had a water line that looks like a mountain that up upside down. They dealership did not find anything on it but it leaks when it rains. What should I look at or look for? please help. It is 2009

1 - 5 of 5 Posts