Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
We've updated the results for the MDX to include owner experiences through March 31, 2011.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2010: 35

2009: 35

2008: 75

2007: 50

The 2008 is about average, while the others are better than average.

Small sample size for the 2010.

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

In the case of the MDX, the percentage with no repairs is about 83 for the 2007 and 51 for the 2008, while the percentage of lemons is about 3 for the 2007 and less than one for the 2008.

Acura MDX Lemon-odds and Nada-odds

We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise results.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Acura MDX reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just hit 93k on my 2007 sport; love-hate relationship:

- Gas cap cover TSB butchered by dealer and they refuse to fix it still; loose and out of alignment
-Replaced catalytic converter at 75k ($1,800)
-Floor mats wore out in 25k
-AWD has gone out twice
-Can't bear another $250 "intake cleaning"
-Transmission lost all its fluid and needed new seals at 55k
-Power steering has gotten more difficult over time; dealer at a loss.
-Upholstery on center console sides has come loose.
-NAV just "faults out" from time-to-time and needs to be re-booted.
-Manages just 17mpg on mostly highway driving

The good:
- reasonably rattle free
- brakes lasted til 80k all around
- excellent snow traction
- resale still decent but prices appear to be plummeting now

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
We've updated the our reliability stats for the MDX (on our redesigned site) to include owner experiences through September 30, 2011.

2011: 35, small sample size

2010: 22

2009: 19

2008: 68

2007: 54

The 2008 is about average, while the others are better than average.

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

These two stats, for the model years with enough data:

2008: 47, < 1

2007: 67, 5

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise our reliability stats.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
30 Posts
2007 Sport with 91K miles,

So far the car has been nothing but good to me,

Changed tires/brakes 1x time, in shop to replace the back quarter panel (insurance covered it)

Regular maintenance with an independent shop in Central NJ, so far so good.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don't hear much complains about the 2011 or there might not be sufficient sample size yet to determine present reliability.

Mine is a 2011 w/ tech package. We purchased in January of last year. It has passed the 1 year mark with close to 10K on the odometer. We haven't encounter any mechanical or electrical problem. So far so good.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just hit 93k on my 2007 sport; love-hate relationship:

- Gas cap cover TSB butchered by dealer and they refuse to fix it still; loose and out of alignment
-Replaced catalytic converter at 75k ($1,800)
-Floor mats wore out in 25k
-AWD has gone out twice
-Can't bear another $250 "intake cleaning"
-Transmission lost all its fluid and needed new seals at 55k
-Power steering has gotten more difficult over time; dealer at a loss.
-Upholstery on center console sides has come loose.
-NAV just "faults out" from time-to-time and needs to be re-booted.
-Manages just 17mpg on mostly highway driving

The good:
- reasonably rattle free
- brakes lasted til 80k all around
- excellent snow traction
- resale still decent but prices appear to be plummeting now

YEAH Gas cap TSB same here- the cap doesnt sit flush with the quarter panel- annoying as heck.

Cant believe we have 60K miles on our 07 already, bums me out and we still have 3 yrs to pay off.

Overall love it- except for some minor quality issues

-Steering wheel volume/channel buttons malfunction and do everything backwards time to time

-had the center console material peel off, they replaced under warranty

-the rear center concole cup holder is a peice of ****- i replaced once and it still freezes shut time to time.

Hope it will last us 10 yrs. We bought it in 09.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
We've updated the our reliability stats for the MDX to include owner experiences through December 31, 2011.

2011: 33

2010: none reported, 26 cars

2009: 19

2008: 47

2007: 66

The 2007 is about average, while the others are better than average.

2008: 67, < 1

2007: 58, 5

We'll have further updates later this month and in August. With more participants, we could provide more precise results.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My first year of a 2007 MDX Tech dealer maintained by prior owner.

Purchased at 83k and now 92k. The only issue was electrical gremlins solved with a brand new battery($150).

19.3MPG average over those 9k miles according to trip computer which seems accurate. :) for the $19k spent.

·
Registered
51 Posts
bought my 2007 MDX ELITE last year. after six months of usage. i found out that i need front compliance bushings and rear bump stops. all together costing me around $1000 (cad). not impressed!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Extremely Reliable

I've been a member since 07 and posted maybe once or twice. I've service advised for different dealers and have seen the reliability of different vehicles first hand. I Just took my X over 98k yesterday. After this past road trip I'm totaly conviced It's an amazing vehicle. I purchased brand new in 07 and have been across country 3 different times in some of the worst weather conditions. One of the trips included hauling a 5x10 trailer about 2k lbs. Apart from the normal services, last year I had the EGR valve replaced along with the rear brakes. That's it, nothing else over the past 5 years!!! I'm trying to take the original front brakes over 100k.

Good luck to all

Lion80
-07 MDX Sport NAV
Cherry (Yakima Rack w/Skybox)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Epic reliability!

I'm at 93,000KM on my 2007 MDX. Still no issues to speak of. still on original brakes!! probably 25-30% left and discs are NOT rusting!!! what the hell, this is Canada!!! salt on the roads all winter. Most relaible vehicle I have ever driven. Looking forward to the new redesigned 2014 MDX.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Late 2007 Tech with just under 70,000 and starting to see small things gradually go. I've also noticed A LOT of weathering on rubbery components. For example the the piece just below the wipers is fading. Car was garaged every night for the first three years and then rotated with 2 weeks in and one week out for the last two years. Kind of disappointed with how it has held up when compared to the Toyota products in the family that are older.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2007 tech with no problems to speak of other than routine maintenance - pushing almost 70K - new battery, machined front brake rotors, updated nav DVD. Taupe interior has been hard to keep clean and i did notice that some of the grey exterior parts are not aging very well like the bumper pieces and piece below the wipers - the grey is fading. Also headlights are starting to get foggy.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Pushing 70K miles already. Thank God no major issues besides a blown shock . Lehigh Valley Acura was nice enough to cover 50%, so cost me a little over 200 bucks but im happy no more squeeky weird ride.

Buyers beware when buying a used 07 with sport package, prob some shocks are blown and need replacement. Im not sure if you can just install regular aftermarket non magnetic shocks or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 07 Base model with 120K. It's the first car I've ever owned and I go back to the dealership for everything. They've been good to me, but I always wonder if I'm paying more for the convenience at the dealership. In any even, I've been informed that I have to change the shocks and my rear tires, but I have to change the shocks first. I'm in Central Jersey and they're charging $650 for the shock change. Is this out of control?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
We've updated the our reliability stats for the MDX to include owner experiences through June 30, 2012.

2012: 16, better than average, small sample size

2011: 20, better than average

2010: 20, better than average

2009: 28, better than average

2008: 52, about average

2007: 61, about average

2009: 79, < 1

2008: 61, < 1

2007: 54, 5

We'll have further updates in late November and February. With more owners involved, we could provide more precise results.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
We've updated the our reliability stats for the MDX to include owner experiences through September 30, 2012.

2012: 18, better than average

2011: 26, better than average

2010: 25, better than average

2009: 26, better than average

2008: 62, about average

2007: 63, about average

2008: 56, < 1

2007: 57, 3

We'll have further updates later this month and in May. With more owners involved, we could provide more precise results.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
We've updated our reliability stats for the MDX to include owner experiences through March 31, 2013.

2012 MDX: 16, low
2011 MDX: 43, moderate
2010 MDX: 9, low
2009 MDX: 32, low
2008 MDX: 51, moderate
2007 MDX: 48, moderate

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2008 MDX: 62, 3
2007 MDX: 67, 3

We'll have further updates in August and in November. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For the details, including the descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 MDX Elite 20th Anniversary Edition which seems to be an electrical lemon.... The Handsfree link just died but comes back to life for 5-10 minutes every couple of weeks, the auto seat adjust starts to work but then stops so you need to push the button like 5 times to get the seat and mirrors in the final position, at random when you unlock the truck with one tap of the remote all the windows and sunroof open and no I'm not holding down the button, I am on my third battery in a year and it only has 90,000KM or under 60,000 Miles, Anyone HELP PLEASE!!

61 - 80 of 114 Posts