Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I’ve been having trouble and I’ve had mechanic friends take a look at my car. So my 2007 Acura MDX blows hot on the driver side. We’ve done diagnostics on in it from,

1) checking free on levels
2) emptying free on from compressor and refilling
3) checking ac actuator under driver side
4) changing relay under the hood
5) and bypassing relay

but it still blows warm no matter what we do. Has anyone had this problem? And if so how was your problem fixed? I’m running out of options and it’s cooking here in Hawaii. I’m not trying to drive in this weather. Thank you!!!

*Also forgot to write compressor still work, ac hose are still good, don’t know about the rest tho.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you sure the Freon is full. I have 2 07 MDX and both had the same problem. Hot air on driver side, but Ice cold on passenger and rear.
Just had to add a little Freon and the driver side blew cold.
It wasn’t really low but I could still add just a little bit.
Mira been 3 years for one and 1-1/2 for the second since I did it. Still no issues

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure the Freon is full. I have 2 07 MDX and both had the same problem. Hot air on driver side, but Ice cold on passenger and rear.
Just had to add a little Freon and the driver side blew cold.
It wasn’t really low but I could still add just a little bit.
Mira been 3 years for one and 1-1/2 for the second since I did it. Still no issues
Did another check and it’s full alright. Still blows cold on passenger side and back ac vents but nothing on driver. But when I shut the ac off and back on the compressor doesn’t kick on and it blows all hot.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Any chance you tried to get the freon level correct just by checking pressures with a gauge set rather than have the system professionally drained and refilled? The only real way to get the freon level right is to remove all that is there and recharge with the exact amount required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any chance you tried to get the freon level correct just by checking pressures with a gauge set rather than have the system professionally drained and refilled? The only real way to get the freon level right is to remove all that is there and recharge with the exact amount required.
No I haven’t tried that yet. I’ll have to look into that.

·
Registered
885 Posts
No I haven’t tried that yet. I’ll have to look into that.
I'm not saying that will solve your issues, but you can't rule out a freon level issue unless you know exactly how much is in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I got my ac to work. Figure I update you all. We went under the driver side panel and found a sensor that was faulty. We unplugged it and plugged it back in. Sure enough it turned the ac back on. Thank you all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I got my ac to work. Figure I update you all. We went under the driver side panel and found a sensor that was faulty. We unplugged it and plugged it back in. Sure enough it turned the ac back on. Thank you all.
If you don't mind me asking, which sensor was it and where exactly was it located? I'm in the same boat and haven't been able to find any solutions yet.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, which sensor was it and where exactly was it located? I'm in the same boat and haven't been able to find any solutions yet.
In my 2007 MDX the issue was the driver side air mix motor. It's about $40 on rockauto for a new one and fixed the issue. IN the mean time I disconnected the metal wire (not the electrical plugs) and pulled it forward so the flap would move and stay to the cold air position until I got the new motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts