Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going through the maintenance that needs to be done on the 2008 MDX i picked up to make sure it lasts a good long time. High on that list is to take care of the Rad/trans issue before it becomes and problem.

I swear I have read on a forum that the original OEM Denso rad had later been corrected with copper pipes that wont have the trans line crack, and has a different part number. Does anyone know what the original vs updated part numbers are? I cant seem to find that post anymore.

The vehicle I purchased had a fender and bumper replaced years ago due to a hit. Light enough no air bags or big damage, but I'm trying to figure out if the rad was already replaced with a good one to save me some work if possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
as far as acura part numbers go, this is the new one:
  • 19010-RYE-A52
Old one:
  • 19010-RYE-A51

Reactions: RainGoat and Error

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Denso Part No according to a few sources:
Denso OE Replacement Radiator

SKU: #221-3237

Reactions: RainGoat

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I dont know if Acura has updated the Radiator with the new style of ATF Fittings from the Denso Aftermarket part so BEWARE! If you get an OG OEM Radiator that part is BADLY DESIGNED! The Denso Aftermarket Rad is better.

Now if the new OEM Part number has indeed changed the ATF Fittings style then go for it.

Reactions: Error

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as far as acura part numbers go, this is the new one:
  • 19010-RYE-A52
Old one:
  • 19010-RYE-A51

Thanks for this. Any idea where I can find this on the rad itself? I just took off the top shield in the engine bay, and the only stamp I could see showed the following:
Denso
AA222000-0534
Denso MFG 10J
Michigan INC.
Assembled in USA

The above makes me think this is the OEM one, but i was hoping to find a part number. Those numbers don't bring up anything when searched.

I dont know if Acura has updated the Radiator with the new style of ATF Fittings from the Denso Aftermarket part so BEWARE! If you get an OG OEM Radiator that part is BADLY DESIGNED! The Denso Aftermarket Rad is better.

Now if the new OEM Part number has indeed changed the ATF Fittings style then go for it.
I'm actually using your write ups to walk me through changing the rad, so thanks for that work.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
You can find out if the radiator of your model and year have an improved design by going to any Acura online parts and they should list old and new part number and it should said in footnote the old part # is discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clarify for me, any aftermarket rad should have better fittings and routing than the OEM correct? Wasn’t it the material used that failed in OEM rad?

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Clarify for me, any aftermarket rad should have better fittings and routing than the OEM correct? Wasn’t it the material used that failed in OEM rad?
Compared to the OG Radiator? pretty much any other aftermarket rad did it better but some also has less channels. Denso Aftermarket fixed the issue in the original while retaining all the original channels.
The question is that if the new OEM Radiator has this design? and IF so why would you spend more money just to have the Honda branding in it when the Aftermarket DENSO should be just as good.

Reactions: RainGoat
1 - 11 of 11 Posts