Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Putting my '06 MDX on the list. Calendar went back to 2002 and the clock was off by one hour. I disconnected the battery for a few hours and when reconnected the clock is now several hours off and cannot be reset. Actual time: 11:22pm. Clock says 5:08.
Love my 006 MDX with 260,000 miles but have the same problem as John N, exactly. Fuse work around work for others?

·
Registered
63 Posts
If your car has the Nav system this is likely a problem with the firmware on the car and the nav system. It is interpreting the year incorrectly. This affects many Honda/Acura models with Nav. There are more threads on this site as well as several news articles. Honda has ETA for a fix in August (IIRC)

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your car has the Nav system this is likely a problem with the firmware on the car and the nav system. It is interpreting the year incorrectly. This affects many Honda/Acura models with Nav. There are more threads on this site as well as several news articles. Honda has ETA for a fix in August (IIRC)
So, I have the same issue in my 2006. After reading all of this I gather there is no fix, and hope that in August it fixes itself? I may have to put a piece of tape over the clock display. I'm old and it freaks me out that I'm an hour late all of the time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't know if it fixes itself or Honda has to put out an update. I think Honda has to put out an update. Whether that is over the air or it requires a trip to the dealer I am not sure.

·
Registered
2006 MDX Touring Navi+RES
739 Posts
There is no over the air update for these cars. From everything I've read from Honda in August the clock will fix itself, no update at the dealer is needed.

The 1024 week epoch counter in the GPS implementation resets as is. If you keep your car another 19 years to 2041 this will happen again.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts