Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Post w pic of your dash. You have know what din you have. Either a single or double din opening. Double din you can use a new fancy radio with Android auto and carplay. Single din your limited.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Post w pic of your dash. You have know what din you have. Either a single or double din opening. Double din you can use a new fancy radio with Android auto and carplay. Single din your limited.
I really need to upgrade my car stereo to a something with Streaming audio... are there any recommendations out there?

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
I really need to upgrade my car stereo to a something with Streaming audio... are there any recommendations out there?
For years I used a kit that hooked up to the OEM unit. This is an example. You can Bluetooth streaming music through your iPhone or Android. Keep in mind that the quality of music is downgraded a bit, but it's better than being forced to listen to CDs or the radio. I'm a decent DIYer (not a pro by any means) and didn't have a problem doing the install. If I recall my kit utilized the AUX port and I believe the hyperlinked one (above) does as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I did that and it doesn't recommend replacing the radio because I have the NAVI system... can I ignore that suggestion and just get a double din replacement system?
The navi screen just would be blacked out. You wouldn't need it if you had a radio with Android auto or carplay. Your aftermarket radio would sit where your current radio is. The nav screen would remain in place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The navi screen just would be blacked out. You wouldn't need it if you had a radio with Android auto or carplay. Your aftermarket radio would sit where your current radio is. The nav screen would remain in place.
Would the functions provided by the NAVI system still work like the Climate controls or Trip Information (Fuel Economy, travel time, etc.)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts