Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi - I'm new to the forum and just started working on my 2006 MDX. I'm trying to remove the battery base, and have 3 of the 4 bolts out.

The 4th bolt is under a thick wiring harness which I can't move out the way. I followed the wire to a component just behind the battery and below the air intake, but I don't know how to unhook the connector. There is a red lever, which I can raise a little bit, but the connector seems to be held in by something else.

Any ideas on what I can do?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I haven't had to remove a Honda lever connector yet. But I did remove the battery base in my 06 to replace my transmission range switch. I didn't have to disconnect anything but the battery. I think one wire bundle was tight to it, and I used tiny strokes with my combination 12 pt wrench. But I can't visualize where that pic is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
The orange thing is a swing arm if you will. Push in on that bump right there and swing the orange thing while pulling gently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The orange thing is a swing arm if you will. Push in on that bump right there and swing the orange thing while pulling gently.
I tried swinging the arm up, but it only goes up a little bit and seems to get stuck. I don't want to force it to much so that it breaks, but my understanding was that it needed to lift all the way to the top to disconnect from the ABS/VSA module.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't had to remove a Honda lever connector yet. But I did remove the battery base in my 06 to replace my transmission range switch. I didn't have to disconnect anything but the battery. I think one wire bundle was tight to it, and I used tiny strokes with my combination 12 pt wrench. But I can't visualize where that pic is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I tried to get to the bolt that is under the thick wire bundle but couldn't get there with a flexible socket or extension from different angles. The wire bundle is also very rigid with little ability to move, so I was thinking if I can get this connector out I can move the bundle out of the way and use a socket with extension to remove the last bolt. Given the northeast weather there is enough rust that I don't think I will be able to break to the bolt with just a wrench. I've also got to get the two wire retention clips that slide onto the battery base brackets off, and those seem to be on there pretty tight at the moment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks! I tried that and I can get the lever up a little bit, but it's not swinging all the way up to the to disconnect. The pieces that are supposed to slide down when the lever is raised seem to be stuck.
Pull up on the connector at the same time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dirt and grime jam in the moving parts. Do you have compressed air to clean it out? sometimes you have to keep working it back and forth to force the dirt out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts