Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just bought a 2006 Acura MDX, and so far I'm really liking the car. However, it does not have the navigation system, nor ability to Bluetooth stream audio, although it has the upgrade Bose speaker system with a subwoofer. I have a couple questions that maybe you can help me with.

What is the best way to upgrade, so I can do both (nav and bluetooth audio)?

Would the navigation unit work in my vehicle, if I purchased one online, or would the vehicle need to be navigation model from the factory?

Would any double din stereo work as a replacement for whats in there (trip screen and 6 disc changer)?

I am little worried about how flush would a replacement unit look, considering the factory unit has a little curve to it etc etc

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
What is the best way to upgrade, so I can do both (nav and bluetooth audio)?
I would go with an aftermarket unit.

The parts to support this are easy to obtain. For example:

Metra 95-7866B (Double-din trim)
Metra 70-1721 (Head unit wiring harness)
Metra 40-HD10 (Antenna pigtail)

If you want the steering wheel controls to still work, then you can add:

PAC SWI-CP2 (steering wheel control adapter)

Go to Crutchfield (.com) and they'll show you exactly what fits. They'll also sell you the necessary parts at a discount if you buy your head unit from them.

Would any double din stereo work as a replacement for whats in there (trip screen and 6 disc changer)?
You replace just the lower portion of the dash (audio controls). The trip screen would remain. Most aftermarket double-din units will work. Check Crutchfield (.com) and it will confirm which ones fit.

I am little worried about how flush would a replacement unit look, considering the factory unit has a little curve to it etc etc
I've attached a picture that was posted in another thread on this forum... It shows you an example of what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can easily add the factory navigation and units are avail on eBay for rather cheap, I've seen some sellers offer everything for a few hundred bucks. I have an 02 and put the 06 factory nav into my base mdx that had the huge trip computer display.

You will also need to get a custom harness that Is easy plug n play. There is a guy on eBay that sells them. Had mine wired up in 15 mins.

Also I used a grom audio unit for bluetooth..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Fellas, super helpful. I think I will go with an after market unit from crutchfield along with all the hookups. I get more updated navigation, Bluetooth audio streaming, handless calls, backup camera, am/fm, steering wheel controls and subwoofer functionality for roughly $340. I don't think you can beat that. THanks again for all the info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts