Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shocked to see my mdx ac not cooling;fan blowing. I want to personally find out what the cause is before I take it for repair. Every idea would be appreciated.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You can check if the clutch on the compressor pulls in when you engage the AC button. If it doesn’t it could mean low Freon or as Mag says, clutch relay. Should state, Mag Clutch, or something like that. Find it and then you can swap relays (with engine off, key out) from the same fuse box and see if it starts working. Horn or head light relay should be the same - check the part number listed on the top.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2005 touring is doing the same after trying to charge system and replace clutch relay. Clutch not engaging. If you find a solution, would greatly appreciate any advice. I remember the ac repairs at the Acura dealer I worked for were rather pricy.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
If relay is good and there is power to the Clutch Stator then check for clutch air gap and freon charge. If both of them are ok then you need a new Clutch Stator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Emailofemi
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing