Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so how you solved it.

The fuse in the driver side foot well (10A) that feeds the front and rear window washers and the rear wiper keeps blowing. Must be some sort of short because it blows before even trying to energize the washers or wiper.

I pulled the two washer pumps and tested them on their own and they work fine.

Without the wiring diagrams (I've only found diagrams for sound system and nav online) it will be very difficult to trace.

Anyone else receive this 12 volt gift with their first gen?

Much thanks for thoughts or suggestions.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Use a vom and check power leads from pump plugs and see which has continuity to ground. A lead must be grounding somewhere

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out there is a short to ground somewhere in the rear hatch wiring harness. I figured this out by unplugging the harness (connector under the headliner) which stopped the fuse from blowing. Now at least I have the windshield washer back for the front windshield.

Apparently this happens with the Gen 1's after years of opening and closing the rear lift gate. The short typically happens in the portion of the harness that enters the lift gate through a rubber boot in the upper left hand corner - the result of wires becoming brittle and going through too much flexing over time. I'll probably just replace the whole harness rather than try to find the short.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which fuse is this by the way? I'm having a similar problem. I'm a novice, but assume it's the same fuse for a 2004 model.

·
Registered
443 Posts
OMG, this thread was priceless... I cannot believe it. Mine too started blowing, first it exhibited itself by my washer pump not working. Had it not been for this thread, i would have spent hours digging into the pump itself, etc... in vain... Instead, 30 minutes and i was done.

Here is what I found, exactly as described by you guys. Totally damaged 4 wires. Taped them off and all is good. I don't care for the rear wiper, and my front washer pump is working again. Yes, there was a 10A fuse in the driver foot-well, the bottom one named RR WIPER. See two pics below. If you right click and chose open image in new tab, you will get full res with nice details.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts