Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone--

As my X (2005 Touring) approaches its first birthday and 12K trouble-free miles, I'm thinking about upgrading the stock audio components. I looked into this awhile back and was interested in some updated opinions on the subject as I'm sure things have changed.

Specifically, I'm looking for your thoughts on options to upgrade the stock Bose door speakers and the subwoofer. I'm not a true audiophile and am not interested in getting into a big project involving cutting, splicing, drilling, etc. but do want to eek some better sound out of the stock head unit.

My plan is to remove the existing door speakers (going to keep the little sails in the front doors), install some dynamat and new speakers/sub... but want to maintain the factory configuration.

Any thoughts on speaker/sub options that are decent "drop in" replacements for the stock components that can be installed without any mods. to the vehicle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
In my opinion you will not get better sound out of the stock head unit, due to power output. I haven't replaced the one in my MDX yet, but I did replace the one in my 03 CL-s and it was like night and day. Replacing the speakers will probably make it sound worse because they will require more power to run. Between the stock head unit and factory amplifiers not enough power is produced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts