Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE can someone help me out. The research I've done shows there are 3 transmission pressure switches, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th but I can only find the 3rd (bottom left-hand side of trans) and 4th (top of trans mounted horizontally next to the dual linear actuator). What I've seen shows the 2nd/another pressure switch on the top right-hand side on the back of the transmission really close to where the transmission bolts to the engine, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I called the local Honda dealership, and the guy said, "I can't find it on the diagram," I called the out-of-town Acura dealership and the guy said, "I can't find it on the diagram." I called a local shop and it's $150 minimum to find out whether I'm chasing a "ghost part" or not. So DOES A 2005 TRANSMISSION HAVE 3 PRESSURE SWITCHES OR JUST 2? Just pressure switches not the shift cylinders.

·
Registered
2006 MDX Touring Navi+RES
732 Posts
Did you find the possibility of a 3rd pressure switch on Acurazine website?

I chased this ghost too. It was an assumption based on looking at the 2007 diagram that does have that extra pressure switch. May have been a video link with transmission out of car so couldn't verify generation.

I asked someone on the support email for AcuraPartsNow website, and they were pretty definitive about the above being 2nd Gen MDX only.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts