Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 MDX Touring with Navi & Bose Audio. I've been having problems with my radio for a while. Yesterday battery went dead and now radio won't unlock with the proper code. So now I'm thinking about just replacing it with either another factory radio from ebay or something custom. I prefer something custom like a double din radio with bluetooth, usb, aux input, etc. I looked around a little bit but I'm having trouble finding something that will work with my bose system. Are there any double din systems that will work with my bose and won't screw up my navi?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Man I recommend it all the time, Pioneer App Radio 4. LOVE this thing. Got it paired up with a back up cam and it was the best investment EVER! Apple Car Play alone is amazing. Use my phones GPS, listen to my music, answer my calls, it even reads my texts to me. Got it from sonicelectronix cause you don't have to pay tax, unless you live in Cali.

Here are some pics. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man I recommend it all the time, Pioneer App Radio 4. LOVE this thing. Got it paired up with a back up cam and it was the best investment EVER! Apple Car Play alone is amazing. Use my phones GPS, listen to my music, answer my calls, it even reads my texts to me. Got it from sonicelectronix cause you don't have to pay tax, unless you live in Cali.

Here are some pics. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

that looks great! Did you have the Bose stereo system prior to the install? When I go to crutchfield they say there are no systems or conversion kits available for 05 MDX's with Bose & Navi systems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm about to install a new head unit, either Kenwood or Pioneer, but a lower model. Probably about half the price of an App 4. Main goal for me is to get a backup camera. Frankly, I wasn't that thrilled with the Bose system--except for introducing me to the benefits of satellite--although I'm sure it was great for that model year. I replaced all the speakers with Kickers, and am very happy with them. The sub and the space for it in the back is so thin, it's hard to get a decent replacement. I ended up getting a sub enclosure and get great bass now. Lots of room, now it works for producing bass. The Bose head unit produces a good sound, but it doesn't get all the satellite channels (pre-merger, I guess) and I can't stream through Bluetooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts