Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed a new radio with bluetooth in my 2005 MDX with navigation system. Radio works, but now the stock navigation system touch screen does not work, not letting me click the ok button. The single aftermarket harness listed for this vehicle leaves two existing harnesses unhooked to the radio (stock radio has three plugs in back, new radio only has one). Is there a way to fix this? Is the factory radio necessary to operate the navigation system? I dont really need the navigation system, but do need the other controls that are part of it (ac/heat/back up camera, etc.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just installed a new radio with bluetooth in my 2005 MDX with navigation system. Radio works, but now the stock navigation system touch screen does not work, not letting me click the ok button. The single aftermarket harness listed for this vehicle leaves two existing harnesses unhooked to the radio (stock radio has three plugs in back, new radio only has one). Is there a way to fix this? Is the factory radio necessary to operate the navigation system? I dont really need the navigation system, but do need the other controls that are part of it (ac/heat/back up camera, etc.)
I found this on yahoo answers and did this the other day and its confirmed that it indeed works! I dont think i used 70ohms exactly, I had to play with a combination of different resistors to finally get it to work! Also, once you add the resistors, the car needs to restart with the resistors installed otherwise it wont work. In other words, if you try to install with power going to the nav, the nav wont work until turn off the car and start it again! Good luck!

"There is a white, 14-pin plug at the factory radio location. This plug has a blue wire and a pink wire located side-by-side, in pins #9 and #10. You need to place a 70-ohm resistor between these two wires to get your navigation controls working again."

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where exactly do you place the 70 ohm resistor? I'm having the same problem and only have one plug with 2 plugs left and my factory navigation/touch screen doenst work do you peel back the coating on the blue and pink wire and use it as a jump wire since there isnt a plug that hook up to the connector or do I need 2 70ohm resistors and place it in wiring on bothered the blue and pink wires like an in line fuse?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My AC and navigation both stopped working. I'm getting the 70 ohm tomorrow and I will update what happens after.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My AC and navigation both stopped working. I'm getting the 70 ohm tomorrow and I will update what happens after.

Any updates. Just installed my aftermarket radio and same thing. Touch functions aren't working. I'm just looking for climate control to work. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts