Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed a new radio with bluetooth in my 2005 MDX with navigation system. Radio works, but now the stock navigation system touch screen does not work, not letting me click the ok button. The single aftermarket harness listed for this vehicle leaves two existing harnesses unhooked to the radio (stock radio has three plugs in back, new radio only has one). Is there a way to fix this? Is the factory radio necessary to operate the navigation system? I dont really need the navigation system, but do need the other controls that are part of it (ac/heat/back up camera, etc.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just installed a new radio with bluetooth in my 2005 MDX with navigation system. Radio works, but now the stock navigation system touch screen does not work, not letting me click the ok button. The single aftermarket harness listed for this vehicle leaves two existing harnesses unhooked to the radio (stock radio has three plugs in back, new radio only has one). Is there a way to fix this? Is the factory radio necessary to operate the navigation system? I dont really need the navigation system, but do need the other controls that are part of it (ac/heat/back up camera, etc.)
I found this on yahoo answers and did this the other day and its confirmed that it indeed works! I dont think i used 70ohms exactly, I had to play with a combination of different resistors to finally get it to work! Also, once you add the resistors, the car needs to restart with the resistors installed otherwise it wont work. In other words, if you try to install with power going to the nav, the nav wont work until turn off the car and start it again! Good luck!

"There is a white, 14-pin plug at the factory radio location. This plug has a blue wire and a pink wire located side-by-side, in pins #9 and #10. You need to place a 70-ohm resistor between these two wires to get your navigation controls working again."

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where exactly do you place the 70 ohm resistor? I'm having the same problem and only have one plug with 2 plugs left and my factory navigation/touch screen doenst work do you peel back the coating on the blue and pink wire and use it as a jump wire since there isnt a plug that hook up to the connector or do I need 2 70ohm resistors and place it in wiring on bothered the blue and pink wires like an in line fuse?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates. Just installed my aftermarket radio and same thing. Touch functions aren't working. I'm just looking for climate control to work. Thanks
All the touch functions worked fine after I installed a 68 ohm resistor. Everyone says 70 ohms but I looked at the inside of the radio and the resistor on the printed circuit board is a 68 ohm resistor.

If you buy a 1/2 watt 68 ohm resistor (they are like 10 cents) the leads on it are about the right size to just push into the WHITE plug left over from the original radio cables. Look for the pink and blue wires beside each other The picture I am attaching I got from another forum. The picture shows the resistor in the right location, but the resistor in the picture is a 100 ohm (brown black brown colour bands) where the correct resistor is 68 ohms (blue grey black bands). (100 ohms may work)

I did not have a 1/2 watt resistor on hand, I had 1/4 watt which has finer leads that would not reliably make contact when just pushed in so... I took the connector from the OEM radio PCB (cut the bent leads on the inside leaving stubs and ripped it out of the radio) and soldered the resistor to the right two pins and covered it in heat shrink tubing (yeah way over the top) and had a nice plug on module that latches in place.

Funny how mine came about... I had some issues with battery drain and the previous owner had changed the stereo and it had already had some bad connections so I suspected it. Opened the dash and found this strange setup. Two bundles of wires about 3 feet long that connected where the original connectors should have been (the green and white connectors) Found the wires went way down to beside the drivers feet in the centre where there was some module wrapped in foam and electrical tape. Wrestled it out to find it was hte old stereo guts... Apparently the previous owner could not get the NAV to work after replacing the stereo so they found a place they could wedge it and extended the wires to reach. They must have spent HOURS to extend the cables... and it was a bloody mess... and I think the original radio was drawing power all the time flattening the battery... and the irony is that when the battery croaked with the old radio still in circuit you got prompted for the security code... LOL. Pop in the resistor, no security prompt, no battery drain (I hope) and 30 feet of wire and one rats nest removed from my car... What a cluster!

Circuit component Finger Electronic component Electronic engineering Thumb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts