Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve read through what I believe is every post related to this issue on this forum and have yet to solve my problem, so I’m hoping that someone might be able to offer some next steps in the troubleshooting process or a new solution that was not posted previously…

As of last week my navigation/HVAC screen has been going in and out intermittently - sometimes it boots up and works for a while, sometimes it turns off mid-drive, sometimes it doesn’t boot up at all. The aftermarket radio and everything else are without issue.

What I’ve checked/tried:
1. Checked and replaced both the under hood and passenger side fuses associated with the nav unit
2. Inspected as much of the wiring harness to the screen as visible while it was still attached to the screen to see if pulling/twisting/bending it had any effect - it doesn’t. None of the issues appear to be caused by a loose connection, bumps in the road, etc.
3. Swapped out the screen with a replacement from eBay - same intermittent issues
4. Swapped out the dvd unit under the passenger seat with a replacement from eBay - same intermittent issue
5. Inspected the battery terminal connections and battery ground to chassis cable - all are clean, tight and in good condition
6. Verified that while the system is non-functional (no buttons or visible functions of the nav screen work, including the camera, the screen and buttons are indeed backlit

At this point I believe I have to start inspecting cables in the many wiring harnesses to both the dvd unit and screen for proper continuity, grounding, etc, however I do not have the wiring diagrams and quite honestly with so many possibilities I don’t know where to begin. I am hoping that someone else may have solved this problem and can offer some advice. I don’t seem to be having any other issues with the electrical system at all, so I’m not sure where to look next.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,

I’ve read through what I believe is every post related to this issue on this forum and have yet to solve my problem, so I’m hoping that someone might be able to offer some next steps in the troubleshooting process or a new solution that was not posted previously…

As of last week my navigation/HVAC screen has been going in and out intermittently - sometimes it boots up and works for a while, sometimes it turns off mid-drive, sometimes it doesn’t boot up at all. The aftermarket radio and everything else are without issue.

What I’ve checked/tried:
1. Checked and replaced both the under hood and passenger side fuses associated with the nav unit
2. Inspected as much of the wiring harness to the screen as visible while it was still attached to the screen to see if pulling/twisting/bending it had any effect - it doesn’t. None of the issues appear to be caused by a loose connection, bumps in the road, etc.
3. Swapped out the screen with a replacement from eBay - same intermittent issues
4. Swapped out the dvd unit under the passenger seat with a replacement from eBay - same intermittent issue
5. Inspected the battery terminal connections and battery ground to chassis cable - all are clean, tight and in good condition
6. Verified that while the system is non-functional (no buttons or visible functions of the nav screen work, including the camera, the screen and buttons are indeed backlit

At this point I believe I have to start inspecting cables in the many wiring harnesses to both the dvd unit and screen for proper continuity, grounding, etc, however I do not have the wiring diagrams and quite honestly with so many possibilities I don’t know where to begin. I am hoping that someone else may have solved this problem and can offer some advice. I don’t seem to be having any other issues with the electrical system at all, so I’m not sure where to look next.

Try to trace your steps through this doc.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

What I’ve checked/tried:

Did your issue solved? If yes, can you please share the details as i am facing the same issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts