Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long time since I posted something. I now have 211k miles on my MDX and was in need of front brakes. The pads were millimeters away from being completely gone. I went ahead and replaced the rotors and pads to get that new braking feeling again.

No instructions, just pictures.

I ordered the Power Stop Z36 heavy duty set from Advance Auto Parts for $156 using coupon code TRT30. I thought it was a great deal for front rotors and pads. Compared to what I was used to, it's a significant increase in stopping power and better pedal feel.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/oTaXBDFOz2dCBwWFx0NcHZv4ANkQV9y6ZHGbed3ewBnMG]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for linking the pad break-in procedure... I hate when mechanics tell you, after installing new brakes, to 'avoid panic stops! Brake lightly to bed in pads', when I've found the linked break-in method is foolproof. It's needed more for performance brakes that do need to get really hot to bed well, but I've done it on everything from small Subarus, our MDX, up to a beastly Land Cruiser and it works well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.