Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I’ve seen in my extensive searches about this particular problem, it seems to be a pretty common one. Though my situation is somewhat confusing. Some of the door locks do not work, whether I try the key fob or the unlock switch inside the car. However, the driver’s side door and back liftgate do work using both the key fob and switch. The front passenger door will lock using the switch and fob but won’t unlock, and the back two doors don’t do anything. I’m wondering if it’s a fuse issue or an actuator problem, but I wonder why some work and others don’t, and why the passenger door only does certain functions. It’s hard to imagine the actuator is out on multiple doors, but I guess it’s possible. Any advice?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 05 and replaced 2 actuators (on front & rear passenger) about 5 years ago. I believe Hondas have problems with these units. If any of the doors work - then it is not the fuse and more likely bad actuators

·
Registered
501 Posts
I had to think through those symptoms for a while regarding if it was likely actuators, a control module, or wiring short.

I think it is actuators. Honda actuators do frequently go out, and a common problem is they will only unlock or lock intermittently before they die completely. They also have sensors in the actuator that tell the car the lock state which can lead to screwy symptoms.

My friend replaced two actuators when he owned the car. I've replaced the rear driver, and front passenger actuators, and I think the drivers actuator is going out too, or there is a bug in the lock/unlock logic of the car.

It would be strange if you know they all went out at the exact same time. But unless you have people using all 3 other doors every day, they could have been failing slowly over time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
665 Posts
Strange that they would go at once like a main wire or power loss is causing it.

The actuators are the same for left and same for the right so before buying any, you could try swapping any that work with those that don’t. You could check for batt voltage at the actuator connector too if you had a helper actuate the locks. Or, connect directly to battery to confirm if burned out or not. Lastly, check the wiring at the door to body interface right inside the door and right inside the body. You might have a broken wire resulting from flex failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts