Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m needing to run 1 8g power cable to the battery threw the firewall in my 05 x. I have been unable to find a clear place to fish it through. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I’m needing to run 1 8g power cable to the battery threw the firewall in my 05 x. I have been unable to find a clear place to fish it through. Any ideas?
I'm trying to do the same thing. If you found a solution would you mind sharing it?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Remove the kick panel next to the gas pedal and you will find where the gear shift cable goes through the floor. I cut a slit in the boot for the cable and fished through black plastic wire loom with the wire already in it naturally securing it with zip ties both inside the cabin and throughout the engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
One important tip when doing this - make sure that the cables enter the passenger compartment from the engine compartment angling UP, not down. Otherwise, water will tend to want to ride down the cables / wires into the carpet padding. Putting a glob of some kind of sealant around the slit would be a good thing too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, passenger side didn't think to enter from there. I'll have access to the car later today so I'll take a look. Worst comes to worse i'll make a hole and secure it with a rubber grommet. Would like to void that. Any pictures you guys can supply would be appreciated.

kevin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for your help, found a grommet behind fuel pedal offset behind center. Removed that drivers side panel to expose the area. All cabled up! thx MDXer's!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts