Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
man, you are fast... i was just about to post it...:D

anyway, sounds much better than i was expecting ... i will give it a test drive when they are available...

·
Registered
285 Posts
front view

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
interior

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
rear view

Attachments

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Looks like good news for the ones that hate the "plood" in the current MDX.

There are three interior colors to choose from — black, gray and Parchment — with the darker colors featuring metallic dash trim while the lighter Parchment leather is coupled with wood accents.
Maybe the 2004 MDX will have the nice metallic dash trim instead of the plood (if you don't get the parchment interior).

·
Registered
285 Posts
it still sounds like 'plood' to me (though they rephrased it as 'wood accents')...;)

i like the new dash board lighting better... seems much brighter than the mdx's...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___Whaddaya mean Plood? My Wood-Grain Steering wheel, Wood-Grain Meter Trim, and Wood-Grain RES panel say Wood-Grain, not Plood ;)

___You can bet it will be Plood. If it wasn’t, I would be very surprised indeed.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
383 Posts
Front looks like TL and rear looks like RSX.
Interior is clean and simple....A+++

The whole car looks like A4........but not bad.

my $0.02:eek:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I am waiting to test drive it as well~~~

It is also my first time notice the automatic transmission has better milage than the manual... (EPA estimate are 22/31 vs. 21/29, city/highway)

·
Registered
292 Posts
It will be interesting to see how well this car is received (and how well it sells). I think it will do very well. But the BMW crowd will turn up their noses at it. "How can any serious car have FWD?" "It's Japanese, not German. The Japanese just don't get it." Meanwhile, people who buy the TSX will probably be very happy with their decision. (It's possible that I'll be one of them).

·
Registered
15 Posts
:rolleyes: IT is amazing how pimped out the TSX turned out to be, with its features all loaded, and under 25K, i figured i would buy a 2003 Saab 9-3 Linear or even an infiniti g35 coupe for my rascal of a nephew but the tsx is definitely what i am going for now. BUt check this out, if i worked for honda motors, this is what i would do, lower the front and rear overhangs, lower the suspension and arch back the roof structure. and voila.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
My dealer has invited me in for a test drive next month. They are getting 6 in at one time. Digital camera time, thats for sure.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
xcel said:
___You can bet it will be Plood. If it wasn’t, I would be very surprised indeed.
That's one lonnnngg visual strip of plood too!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Taiwanese said:
The whole car looks like A4..............
That's exactly what I thought too. It looks good inside and out. And I am luvin how the dashboard is organized and lit :drool: Wish the MDX had one as exciting looking as that.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Chromedeuces said:
IT is amazing how pimped out the TSX turned out to be, with its features all loaded, and under 25K
Is it really gonna be under $25k? Most rags are saying "$25k - $30k." Only options are the tranny and the nav, plus DIO accessories.

·
Registered
244 Posts

It should not be more than $28K as it is the European Accord with a little better interior... :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
2002 Acura MDX! said:
In this article, the pics show the interior with the dark leather and metal trim. I actually think I like the plood better. You can also see the NAV trip computer screen; same as in the MDX. The microphone for the voice activation looks to be behind the steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts