Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my MDX this past sunday and have really enjoyed it thus far.

I got the oil changed today and both my rear differential and transmission fluid both looked good.

They did recommend new tires (although a second opinion said I'm good until the fall. I'm leaning towards Michelin Defenders M/S.

Also my inner tie rod needs replacing. I'm considering doing that one myself to save some $$$ but we'll see.

The only other needs are a new cabin air filter which I've ordered already as well as a new transistor for the rear A/C set up.

I'd like to replace the CD/Radio with a double din stereo and I've read through the thread someone posted of doing a similar job.

Looking forward to learning as I go

·
Registered
707 Posts
Dig around on the forums, clean the metal filter for the rear AC....I bet it's never been touched...pull off valance on drivers side of the lower middle console...look for a 4 inch round or so screen...you can wipe it off with a wet towel or get a small vacuum hose on it...much increased rear airflow...

Reactions: Brian Campbell

·
Registered
270 Posts
:( I definitely have a bose stereo. So I'm stuck with the cd/cassette combo?
You can buy one of these

https://www.amazon.com/GROM-Android...id=1499732254&sr=8-2&keywords=grom+usb3+honda

https://www.amazon.com/USA-BT45-HON...qid=1499732295&sr=8-1&keywords=usa-spec+honda

I've used the GROM Unit and it's good but not great.
I haven't heard anyone using the USA SPEC version yet.
It plugs into the back of your radio (20 min job tops) and the usb port sits in your glove box (Or wherever you put it.)
Grants you MP3 and you need a BT cable (extra for GROM included for USA Spec) to connect your phone.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you sure about Bose? My Understanding is the wiring is different because of the Bose system.

I replaced my factory radio with an aftermarket unit and it works like a charm. I did not do it myself though, as I have Bose speakers as well but a technician from geek squad (bought my aftermarket radio at Best Buy) was able to do the job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Err that was for elpap117, when you change the Navi screen out, the A/C controls are located on it.

Hence you only have temp control but not fan or direction control.

My MDX did not have navi thank God, I see where you are coming from now Forbin404.

If Brian Campbell has factory navigation, I wouldn't doubt it's not replaceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
hold it, your MDX has BOSE but not Navi?
Nice
Then yes changing your radio is the easiest path.

If you have Bose and Navi, then no. (Which is what I have).

There's a thread here where someone replaced it with a Pioneer unit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hold it, your MDX has BOSE but not Navi?
Nice
Then yes changing your radio is the easiest path.

If you have Bose and Navi, then no. (Which is what I have).

There's a thread here where someone replaced it with a Pioneer unit.
That's correct. Bose, but no Navi. The screen just has A/C controls on the bottom, the main part of the screen just has mileage info and a clock.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh the screen still has the A/C info?
So once you change out the radio / infotainment screens, then you cannot move the position of the ac vents (from floor to face or both) , but you can turn the A/C on from the little console at the top.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.