Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I am new to this forum.
I have a 2004 MDX, the car is having an annoying starting issue. The car won't start when engine compartment is hot. When the outside temperature is high, the car won't start after the car is driven and then sit there for awhile. I know the cause is high temperature in the engine compartment because 1. If I start the engine right after it got turn off, it starts fine. 2. If I leave the hood open after I stop the car, the engine starts fine whatsoever. 3. There is no problem at all in winter. So I have been getting by this problem by just opening up the hood cover whenever I park. It is really inconvenient, especially if it is raining.

I also know the problem is related to fuel pump. When the car won't start, I cannot hear the buzz of fuel pump priming when I turn my key to ON. I have checked the main PGM-FI and the fuel pump relays, both relays are functional.

What else should I be looking?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a similar problem with my 01 a few months ago. Check the fuel pump relay way up under the dash on the driver side. Its gray in color. I was able to re solder mine. But you can buy them from auto store for $60 or so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts