Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first post, but I've been lurking here for a while. Some of you have already become heroes to me!

I'm a newbie, but I've done some simple work and read up a bit.

To get right to it, I bought the Topdon Plus OBD2 Scanner because I wanted to try to get ahead of any possible sensor problems as much as I can, specifically with Mode6.

I don't have MIL or any DTC's but I just wanted to get a "physical" done since I've had the car about 2 years now and it's at 128k.

My question: Has anyone used Mode6 on a first gen or '04 MDX? As I said I'm quite new to the car and scanners, so even quick and dirty advice or your experience with it would be helpful to me. I'm also a huge fan of good reading material on the subject!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is awesome, and I definitely looked at the cheaper ones, but after seeing what Mode 6 could tell me I got really curious since I don't have any codes that I can work with at the moment. I'm having trouble finding information on Acura/Honda Mode 6 codes, since they're all dealer specific.

There are some codes someone else found for the 2005 Honda SAE J1979 that I can PM to anyone who might be interested in them.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

As always, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts