Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm new here. The fiance and I have a 2004 mdx with 186k on the odo. I have a few questions

1. Somebody broke into it last night and cut the carpet behind the driver's seat. What is the harness under the carpet on the driver's side under the carpet by the door and 2nd row seating? They cut it and I had to splice it back together before the mdx would start back up.

2. The blower motor I believe is going out as it won't blow any air at all. Isnthst located behind the dashboard? I know it could be a couple things like a fuse, resistor or blower motor.

3. There is a plastic box/tubing under the carpet that has a vent like tube that comes out of the carpet under the second row seating. They cut the crap out of that plastic box. What is that plastic box for? Is it some type of air conditioning psth for the backseat ? It's like right under the carpet and comes out under the 2nd row seating on the driver's side. My guess is ventilation or ac/heater psth for the back seat riders.

Thanks in advance guys! If needed I'll get pics when the fiance gets home from work!

Eddie

PS. Nice to meet everybody. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also have no idea about your last two questions, but am all too familiar with the lack of rear blower. I have talked to my dealership and was told that it was too involved and wasn't worth it, but me being a car guy, I want everything to work properly! I am having my independent mechanic look for any blown fuses.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome and sorry for your loss.

Pictures will help!!

I am not a detective, but if someone broke into your vehicle, and cut into such a specific spot, I suspect the previous owner let something of great value, (think drugs) behind, and wanted them pretty bad.

Upon edit, I realized I was looking at the wrong parts page, there are in fact ducts that go back to the third row via the under carpet, so you are quit likely right, they cut into an HVAC duct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts