Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just got a p0741 code the car shifts fine i was wondering if this tranmisson is sealed or I can change the fluid? another question is where is the torque converter clutch solenoid located at? thanks

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The transmission is NOT sealed, and requires periodic fluid changes. I recommend doing them at least every 20,000 - 30,000 miles on our MDXs. Doing a drain-and-fill is easier than doing an oil change - you do have to get the fill nut off the top of the tranny, or (what I found easiest) get a funnel with a very narrow "nose" and fill through the tranny dipstick.

The torque converter clutch solenoid is (IIRC) the double unit located on top of the transmission. As I recall (sold my MDX years ago) you can see it without moving anything, and it's not all that hard to swap out. If you do, you'll also want to pull the little tubes (one at a time - they're different lengths) under the solenoid and clean out the screen filters on them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any1 got a pic of the torque converter solenoid? its my friend car and we want to save this together thanks. is the tranny same as 05 crv? i have a 05 crv if its same then i might know .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you guys know where the solenoid valve cover located? is it on the side on the wheel wheel like the 05 crv?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts