Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The navigation system on my 2004 MDX sometimes goes in a loop and appears to reboot itself over and over again. This is happening daily. Has anyone experienced or heard of this? Any help would be appreciated. Is this as simple as replacing the DVD, or indicitave of something more serious.

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Replacing the DVD will only update POIs and some software features, dpending on your last version. Your problems looks more serious and will need to be seen by a dealer so I suggest you go while you still have a warranty since those NAV units can be expensive to replace.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Moving to the Audio and Electronics Folder

Moved to the Audio and electronics Folder.

Randy B

·
Registered
394 Posts
dj-mdx2 said:
Replacing the DVD will only update POIs and some software features, dpending on your last version. Your problems looks more serious and will need to be seen by a dealer so I suggest you go while you still have a warranty since those NAV units can be expensive to replace.
I agree replacing the DVD will not fix the problem and hopefully the user is still under warranty. I know on my 04 I have long been out of warranty based on mileage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information. I bought this vehicle used, so I honestly do not even know what is the factory warranty....is it 50K miles?

I am surprised that I am not seeing out here that others have experienced this. I guess I am just lucky.

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
This has been described before, but I honestly don't remember how the problem was stated so I can't advise on what search term to use - "navigation problem" maybe?

The standard Acura warranty for your year was 4 years, 50K miles. The powertrain warranty was extended later, and I'm not sure if 2004 is included in the Honda odometer problem that extended the warranty for some models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts