Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where I may locate the fuel pump? I was driving on the freeway and the engine almost died like it was out of gas I pulled over to an off ramp and put it in nutueral and rev’d the engine 3 times. I thought it was fine so I put it in drive and stepped on the gas and the engine completely died. And I haven’t been able to turn it on since. It cranks but won’t start. I changed the fuel pump relay thinking it was an easy fix. Sometimes it would turn on for about 2 seconds then die

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fuel pump is in the tank. You need to remove most of the rear interior floor to access or drop the tank down. Either way fairly big job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I found the fuel pump. I’m getting a really low voltage to my wiring. I already replaced the main relay. So I’m stumped.

·
Registered
592 Posts
If you’re measuring voltage at the connector to the fuel pump inside the hatch, do that within 2 secs of turning the key to position II (when the fuel pump energizes and pressurizes the line.)

If you don’t get 12v (or battery voltage) confirm you’re getting that right after the relay to make sure you don’t have high resistance or damage to the wiring between the relay and pump.

(You’ve found it already but FWIW, the fuel pump on an 06 is located under the 3rd row seat. The seat is easy to remove and push bag into the cargo area. There is a cut-out in the carpet. Under cut-out is a hatch to access the fuel pump. If the pump needs to be replaced, loaner tools to remove and tighten the lock ring are available at OReilly and Autozone.)

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts