Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 MDX with 88,000 miles. CEL and VTM4 lights has been on/off intermittently (dont know the codes). Dealer first did valve adjustment which lasted for about one month then he did a fuel injector cleaning which also lasted about a month. Now the CEL is back on and he wants to replace all the fuel injectors. Does that sound right? Anyone one else experience the same issue? How much does it cost to replace the fuel injectors from an independent mechanic. The dealers wants over $1000 to replace. TIA.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I would first start with the codes... You need to find out what they are. The information will help us greatly. Don't let shops chase problems on your dime!

FWIW, RepairPal estimates $772-850 for a shop to replace all six injectors. So if that is the problem, you may consider either DIY (if you feel comfortable with that) or going to an independent shop to save money.

RockAuto sells injectors w/o-rings for $32.99 each. You'd also need some gaskets. The Fel-Pro set is $47.79. So basically it's about $250-300 in parts.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Good advice! Something to consider is that there doesn't seem to be much of a history of fuel injectors failing. Similar to folks who have problems with coils, I'd suggest that if there IS a problem with a fuel injector, replace the one bad one and call it a day. IMHO, you'll be more likely to induce a new problem doing all of them than just replacing the one - unless they've all be damaged by fuel system debris (doesn't happen too often these days, but isn't impossible). I agree - get the codes that the car is throwing, and use that to narrow down the possibilities. That will tell us (and you) enough to make a much more informed SWAG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.