Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was commuting on the 405 Fwy last week, I caught a glimpse of the new 2004 Lexus RX330 (white) with all of the emblems covered by tape. Here is an article which discusses what's in store. It's interesting to note that the RX330 will not come with the 3rd row seat, unlike the GX470.

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e_article000112785.cfm

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
This looks very interesting. I would like to see the front of the car. From the back, it looks to me like current RX with some modernizations.

There was also a paragraph in "Automobile" mag this month about it with a similar photo. However, that mag said that RX is planning to have 240 HP is RX330. From other sources I have heard 255 HP number.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
It looks a lot shorter than the current version. Now instead of a puffed up Camry it looks like a slightly puffed up Camry.

Is it just me or does anyone else rarely see a male behind the wheel of the RX300?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I'm sure it'll be an excellent vehicle, but the styling just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
BaldEagle said:
It looks a lot shorter than the current version. Now instead of a puffed up Camry it looks like a slightly puffed up Camry.

Is it just me or does anyone else rarely see a male behind the wheel of the RX300?
You don't see me behind the wheel of one any more :D

David

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___I have to go with the chorus on this one. Even in the RX330 spy shot thread, the new Lexus appears to be sculpted to please a younger generation than myself … It appears as if both Lexus and Nissan with its Murano are competing for the same younger luxury cross-over ute category if there is such a category? I do have to question the amount of room behind the C-pillar given the pic. It appears as if Toyota shrunk the interior volume to please the stylists which was the wrong direction for those wanting for more length in an RX? Third row seats are an impossibility in this design for sure. I will have to let the wife take a look in the morning but she disliked the look of the Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe when they first arrived so I am going to assume she will have the same opinion of the new RX. I suspect this RX will have the same Lexus quality, NVH refinement, excellent look and feel interior, and superior dealer support as usual for a Lexus but they missed the target I was hoping they would hit with this design :( Why couldn’t they have incorporated the exterior treatment on a larger (wider and longer) vehicle with real world sized third row seats?

___Does anyone miss the room of a mini-van … Anyone?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Desant said:
This looks very interesting. I would like to see the front of the car. From the back, it looks to me like current RX with some modernizations.
Desant,

When I first saw the "RX330" on the freeway, I wasn't sure what it was since all of the emblems (including the center caps on the wheels) were covered with tape. As soon as I passed and took a glimpse of the front, I knew it was the Lexus. The front looked exactly the same as the current RX300.

Regards.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks like the Pontiac Vibe aka Toyota Matrix... Maybe alittle bigger but smae shape. Imagine spending the $$ for a Lexus and having mistaken for a Pontiac :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not sure about that back either. My very first impression was that the back window reminded me "Pontiac styling" a bit - a la Aztek.
I am sure it will be a hot seller, but glad I've got my X.

·
Registered
117 Posts
nope. :8: definitely does not turn me on...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___I had the wife look at the RX330 shot and sure enough, the answer was “no way”! It looks like the Matrix! So I made yet another offer on an 03 TW X last night …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
619 Posts
is it just me or does it look smaller.:confused:

I think the back kinda looks like the porsche pepper.:D except for the fact the the porsche has uglier taillamps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
BaldEagle said:

Sure, you can see me behind the wheel when I back my wife's RX out of the driveway to wash my MDX.

·
Registered
619 Posts
DNLeeper said:

Sure, you can see me behind the wheel when I back my wife's RX out of the driveway to wash my MDX.
:21:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I saw the new RX at the LA auto show this evening. The front looks ok, but the back lloks like the Pontiac Aztek! Pretty ugly:28:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Actually, I think the RX330 looks just fine. "Looks" are rather subjective though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hybrid 330

I think the best part of this car will be the hybrid model that is going to be offered later this year. Takes the concept of the Prius, and implements it in a SUV. Great idea. If it works I am trading in the X for on one of these babies.

The rumor is 40MPG, and about 200 HP. The car is essentially an electric vehicle around town (zero emission) and the gas engine kicks in at higher speeds and during accelearation and also to charge the battery.

The only downside: $1,500 to $2,000 (price not yet clear) to replace the batteries at 100,000 miles!! Pretty steep service, but if it works it will be really worth it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts