Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Looks nice. But no V-6 on this car?

I guess this one is between RSX and Accord.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
No V6??......you've gotta be kidding me!!

Thanks, but no thanks!.......This car would've been a really strong contender to cars like the BMW 330i, C320 etc., but without the V6 (which is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the equation) this car is totally useless and worthless IMHO :28: ........ Any sensible person would take the '03 Accord V6-EX over this anyday!! (and to boot, it's about the same price too :rolleyes: )

Additionally, If it doesn't come with a V6, why would anyone buy it over the RSX-Type S for example?? Make sense?? :25:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree. I never really liked any of my 4 cyclinder cars...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
dakster said:
I agree. I never really liked any of my 4 cyclinder cars...
Nothing wrong with four bangers as long as the weight to displacement ratio and engineering of the engine is done correctly. Case in point is the older Acura Integras and also the currently phenomenally successful Honda S2000. Ever raced against this four banger on the twisties or Freeway??? Yeah it has an inline four in it...and it will out run a six cylinder Porsche Boxter, BMW Z3s any given day...

As for the Acura TSX, looks like a four dour version of the RSX. This is not really big news...The Canadians are driving a version of this car currently. I believe it is called the 1.7EL Aero package.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
good point

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
2002 Acura MDX! said:
The TSX is just a more luxury europe version of the Honda Accord. No big deal.
Correction...The TSX is a rebadged 1.7 EL Aero from Canada. The European Accord has V6.....so to the Europeans...This is a big deal. DNA for the TSX and the 1.7L Aero is nothing close to the European Accord.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
V6 or 4 Cylinder?

I know now the 4 cylinder car has more horse power and better transmission. but with TSX, it should have V6 engine in it. [Or at least the option] Otherwise, I will stay with RSX and save some money. :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
Correction-Correction

The TSX is based on the new Euro/Japanese Domestic Market Accord - there is a reference in a recent Car and Driver but I can't find the page right now.

Some more pics

·
Registered
616 Posts
Found a news article:

The brand-building campaign swings into high gear early next year with the introduction of a new sedan, the 2004 TSX, which will be based heavily on the redesigned European Accord that will be unveiled later this week at the Paris show.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Interesting

Funny how Honda/Acura automobiles really dont have a set standard design in Europe and Japan whereas in the U.S. there is...Making Honda and Acura mark as TWO separate companies when in fact the are ONE.

The 2003/04 Accord that is slated for Europe in my opinion is an Acura. Since there is no such thing as an Acura in Europe and Japan...you call it a Honda. Look closely at the TSX, the 1.7 EL Aero and the Honda "accord" from Europe, the cosmetic design is distinctively Acura as far as in the U.S. is concern. Designs are more angular than any other Honda automobiles. In my opinion also..The TSX IS an RSX in four door form. What Europe should of done and OUGHT of done is to call this vehicle a four door Integra like what the did with the two door RSX in europe. Calling it a HOnda in Europe cause major consumer confusion in my mind.

On the other hand...Honda/Acura in REALITY is really ONE company with two marketing and echelons of visions. Only in the U.S. do we recognized it as an Acura company and a Honda company. Since when was the last time you guys look at the glass windshield or smaller components of our Vehicles and see that it is embosed with an Acura emblem? Highly not.

So these articles that I read from Car& Driver and such...really do not do any justifications on these breeds of vehicles.

After closer inspection of the Honda Europe UL website...Honda presented the Accord in two formats...One is Luxury which seems to be a larger sedan which closely matches the current U.S. Honda Accord with smoother lines similar to the Accords here in the U.S. and on the COMPACT Accord side...it is more angular and represents more of the RSX four door class that is represented here for Acura.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts