Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I've got a 2003 MDX with about 325k miles on it (mostly highway). Transmission finally went out back in the fall, and I just got it back from being totally rebuilt at the shop earlier this week. (took a while to save up enough to fix it). The overhauled tranny works well, but there are a few issues going on. For one, it seems to be a little more jerky on the shifts, and first gear seems to be a lot longer than I remember. Additionally, the VSA, VTM-4, and traction control lights are on, and none of those <<< (trac control, VSA, 4 wheel drive, and cruise control) are working. Is it just a computer issue that needs something to be reset?

Another unrelated issue- The check engine light has been on and (at autozone) the code read as the catalytic converter having issues. I've been seeing a significant drop in fuel efficiency, and I'm wondering if its the Cat, or if anyone else has other ideas. I put some slightly wider tires than stock on it about a year ago, but the fuel consumption is going even past that. Like I'm barely getting 300 miles to a full tank. Help!!
Thanks y'all

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Acura changed the programming on their transmission controller that really lets 1st gear wind out (to 4,000 rpm on mine with much throttle). Those lights should not be on, and could indicate a lot of different things.

Knowing the actual cat code you have would be very helpful, as some engine-related codes cause other lights (like the ones you mention) to come on.. but we can't guess which code(s) you might be talking about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts