Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One interesting thing that Acura did for 2003 is the change in the rear chrome emblem which acura calls "Garnish". Some people like it, some people don't. It is actually larger than the 00-02 part and covers more area than the old one did. If you ever got a scratch around your current one, you could allways change them out for the 03 part. Changing this piece for 03 I guess saved acura on the cost of painting the pieces like they had to do on the 00-02 peice. The new part and the old part attach just the same so if you are ever interested in changing them, I'm sure Tim can hook you up. I also have one for sale on ebay here if you are interested. I was going to change mine out on my 02 but decided to go ahead and ordered an 03 which should be here in April! Yippie!!.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hey Waylan....How many threads are you going to try and start about an emblem that no one on that is a regular on this forum will buy???? We all recognize the differences between the model years and I am willing to go out on a limb in saying that the 03 owners like the look of their chrome and the 01-02 owners like the look of their chrome. You might need to throw in a set of rims to actually make a passerby even begin to think he was being mesmerized by a newer model. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started this thread to comment on specifics on the application of the old and new rear garnish. It is not related to my post for having one for sale. I personally had no idea if this item would work when I purchased it but it attaches exactly the same. I am reporting that changing them out requires no additional parts.

How many people determine if the X that they pass is new by looking at the emblem? I do.. How does it make you feel about your X? Do you feel like you are driving the old X on the block?

Cosmetic changes on a new vehicles is one of single largest contributor to falling used car prices IMO. It also pisses off owners of the previous model.

I've allready gotten one bid on the item from a "regular". Now, when he goes to an X meet, most will think he is driving an 03 for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
It's pretty much an asthetics thing. . . either you like it or not

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
NOT

laborlitigator said:
It's pretty much an asthetics thing. . . either you like it or not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts