Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the thread re: NC MDX prices with interest. I've checked with all the dealers east of Chapel Hill, NC and the best deal I can get on an MDX is as follows (for a 2003 Touring with Nav):
- Sticker (41k)
- Free cargo liner
- Free wheel locks
- Free Pinstripe

- Tow Package is $732 installed, hitch only is $350.

I could forgo these and select for the first two services free. No idea what the value of these is. I was also told an Acura dealer must do warranty work, however any Honda dealer will service an MDX since Honda now has the Pilot. Interestingly enough my Honda dealer has a better labor rate than the Acura dealer. Hmmm.

I've noted two dealers use the same exact words "...the MDX is a vehicle we don't discount price on". In my calls I did not find anyone asking over sticker. So maybe the price runups have stopped?

As I want a Nav unit, no builds until Nov I'm told.

I have not gone out of state yet to look. Is this about the best people are doing? Or is there another strategy that can get me a few more freebie's or a lower price?

Thoughts/comments, please.

-Greg

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree

definitely check with Jamie. I have spoken to him several times and although I didn't purchase from him (he is out of state for me), he has been very helpful and forthright. He has also checked the status of my MDX for me because I was getting nowhere with my salesperson. I think going through Jamie you will find you will get the best deal he can give you and have a pleasant buying experience!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Definetly Jamie

I have bought several cars in the past. Dealt with sales person who were good and who would simly lie. Never came across anyone like Jamie, who is very striaght, clear and elequant in his way of doing business. Although I have never met him, but he is the kind of person who gives a good name to Sales people. being in sales myself (not in auto sales but mortgage sales) I appreciate it even more and felt to put down these thoughts into words.

I am about 600 miles away but if I can I am will go down to buy from him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Who is Jamie

I am in the market to buy an MDX and I'm debating between the Pilot and the 2002 or 2003 MDX, Touring with DVD no NAV. I read the thread and wonder - who is Jamie and where is he located?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Re: Who is Jamie

sgossart said:
I am in the market to buy an MDX and I'm debating between the Pilot and the 2002 or 2003 MDX, Touring with DVD no NAV. I read the thread and wonder - who is Jamie and where is he located?
Jamie Stockman is the e-Business Manager with Performance Acura in Chapel Hill, NC. He is regularly on this site, his phone number is 919-932-2581.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow-Up

I talked with Jamie today and he's a great guy. He's provided me more information that anyone ever has in terms of availability, what's going on with the ACURA order system, etc. Interestingly enough he told me what another told me re: a Nov unit would not be available until Dec. For that I thank'd him.

He offered to do everything with me over the web and e-mail, which is great.

In terms of the offer I listed above, he provided almost the exact same thing. He was under sticker buya few $ but no pinstripe.

Jamie also mentioned dealers are NOT suppose to offer hitch-only packages. Seems Acura wants coolers installed with hitches for warranty reasons. So he would not quote me a price. As I live on a lake and live 1/4 from the boat ramp, I may tow 4 times a year so the trans won't get much of a workout from towing with me and I wouldn't need coolers.

-Greg

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
BlueStreak,

I suggest that you be REAL CAREFULL about putting a hitch on your X without the cooler kit. If you should end up with a tranny or power steering problem and there is a hitch on the MDX without the cooler kit, Acura could/might [IMHO would] give you a lot of grief [e.g. deny warranty claim].

If you get an Acura dealer to install without a cooler kit, then I think that this is OK. Heck, if Acura didn't want this done, then the dealer should not have installed it that way.

If you go aftermarket or buy the Acura hitch and DIY, then I think you are begging for trouble UNLESS you also install the Acura cooler kit.

JMHO but remember that you are betting big bucks ... a tranny is an expensive repair ... heck it is a VERY EXPENSIVE repair.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just ordered

Just ordered '03 Touring/NAV/RES, midnite blue pearl, MSRP, no forced options (only option I ordered was body side molding, will add sidesteps, upgrade speakers aftermarket), 2 years free maintenance. Hendrick Acura, Charlotte, NC, salesperson Matt Smith - excellent followup, no pressure.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts