Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were re-designed to have a tilt fwd position. It can be seen in the new interior shots.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Tim - any chance of a special buy on these anytime soon? Please?

·
Registered
102 Posts
special on the tilt headrest?

Tim, that would be real nice if you can get your hands on the new tilt headrests, I'd be in for 2, and throw the old ones on the back seat! perfecto!
larry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like the ones in the rear tilt forward as well. Tim, I would be up for all five if these will work in the 2002 model.

Got used to having my headrest tilt forward in my previous car and constantly wish they would do so in the MDX.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I went back and looked at the '03 brochure post and couldn't find any reference to indicate that the headrests can be tilted.
Has anyone actually seen this in writing ... or are you guessing from pictures?

Edit: I just checked the acura website and from what I read the headrests are not tilt adjustable. Twice they mention "a height-adjustable headrest", but no mention of tilt. So it looks like no change from '02 version.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The headrest guide (part 7 in the diagram) is the same part number for 2003 as it was for 2002, so the 03 headrests should fit correctly. The headrests themselves are different part numbers, so either they are different in functionality, or possibly just leather differences. Not sure.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Where does he get those wonderful...

...schematics!

xyzzy must have the whole parts catalog on the same machine they use to surf the forum... :22:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here is the diagram for the 03 Pilot. It doesn't have a separate bracket listed so I can't compare part numbers.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
I take that back. I did find a diagram that shows the Pilot headrest guide (number 7), but it's still a different part numbers, so I can't tell you if it would work or not.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Chis or Tim,
Is there a difference between the 2001 MDX headrest and the 2002?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Emerald,

The 2001 is the same bracket part number.

Chris

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Tim,
Please count me in for a pair of the new tilt headrest too if they fit ok on the 2002 model. Thanks! :2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts