Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the 2003 navi on my X, and the wife has the Ody's 2003 Navi. While the voice synthesis/samples on the X are worlds clearer than the Ody, the one thing I like on the Ody is that it just dims the audio to do the navi voice. The X cuts off the aduio to play the navi.

Any chance this is configurable? Didn't show up in a cursory reading of the manual.

·
Registered
452 Posts
jeffster said:
I've got the 2003 navi on my X, and the wife has the Ody's 2003 Navi. While the voice synthesis/samples on the X are worlds clearer than the Ody, the one thing I like on the Ody is that it just dims the audio to do the navi voice. The X cuts off the aduio to play the navi.

Any chance this is configurable? Didn't show up in a cursory reading of the manual.
On the 2001/2002 it softens the front speakers but if the volume is up you cannot here the Navi. The cutout is probably better but even better would be some logic that made sure the music was less than half the volume of the Navi.

It looks like they favored the cutout so you could here the Navi.

I have actually turned my voice off for a year now and just rely on the visuals since I could never here the voice anyway with the stereo on.

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts