Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking into getting the 2003 MDX but after talking to the dealer he said that he cannot tell us the price because they don’t have pricing for 2003 model yet. They also want $1000 deposit for 2003 models. So my question is for the people that did put deposit on 2003 model what was the price (MSRP) and how much deposit did you give?

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
MSRP

I gave a $1000 deposit via credit card for a 2003 MDX touring w/ Nav to be purchased at MSRP without any required options. No specific MSRP was quoted. The dealer did promise (not in writing) to give me options of my choice at a discount to the standard price. No exact discount amount was quoted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We placed $1000 deposit for our order last month. Our dealer have no MSRP on the 2003s yet and you can see from the different discussions in this website that no one as of now can tell this.

Our dealer was very professional and we have it in writing with our deposit, the computation (just for paperworks) based on the current MSRP of 2002 MDX, noting that any difference/increase in MSRP or any delivery fee increase for the '03 will be shouldered by the buyer. No options!

We highly recommend this dealership! They just emailed us this week confirming our order and will let us know in 2 weeks the exact build date for Oct. delivery of our MDX. We are excited about it!:D

Goodluck!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ditto!! I gave a $1,000 deposit in May (with the original intention of getting a 2002 in late July) and am now waiting for a 2003 expected in Oct. MSRP with no forced options, but I just had to get some. I keep waiting to see a post from Jamie Stockman but he hasn't posted anything in a while. Hopefully within the next week or so. I think from reading these message everyone is anxiously awaiting and some are fed up with no information and may go elsewhere.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Also "expecting"

We also placed our order last month for a 2003 touring, color still TBD. We put a $500 cc deposit, fully refundable at any time. We'll be paying MSRP with no forced options, but as everyone else said, no one knows what '03 MSRP will be. It seems that the common speculation (and one that my dealer had as well, FWIW) is that the '03 price will be within $1000 of the '02 price for comparable models. However, some have speculated that the price may go up as much as $3000.

Anyway, we won't even get to order until Oct/Nov, and by then prices will be out. If I remember correctly, Jamie said that new prices would be expected out in late Sept - don't quote me on that though - don't remember exactly.

Ioana.

PS - do we know for sure that Jamie is a he? I've seen that a couple of times, but I kinda got the impression that he's a she... :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
We placed an order for a Midnight Blue 2003 MDX base model in early August. The dealer took a $500 deposit and wrote the order for MSRP which was an unknown then and still is. We were told it was for the October allocation.

At the time, they had 2002s available from the August & September allocations but we opted for a 2003 since we're in no rush for a car and figured it made better sense to get the newer model.

Sue

:7:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts