Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 MDX Touring/Nav/RES here! (IMAGE HEAVY)

Picked up my 2003 MDX at the dealer tonight. Have to wait for tomorrow for the burlwood shift knob and the BSM.

Like the kids in National Lampoon's "Vacation," I'm going to need plastic surgery to get the smile off my face! :jump3:

Sorry about the picture quality - my dig camera has a weak flash.

MDX-Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Console

Here's the front console. The DVD player is on the bottom, right in front of the shift. The tape and single CD slot are above that.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oblique view

Oblique view of the console...

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smile!

Camera...

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Window view int.

Here's a drivers side window view.

The 6cd changer is under the driver's seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As per posts in other threads - I'll check out the voice control tomorrow, but the manual makes me think it is just for navi, as has been previously suggested. For example, I don't see commands to control the radio or climate control. :(

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Very Nice!!

How about pics of DVD screen with DVD in it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
SWEET sweet SWEET

I'm really curious what this 3D view for the NAV is. If possible, can you show us a picture of it.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
very nice!! Best of luck! Post some more pic's of the different screens on the navagation and also the screen in the back seat. The wood wheel looks to be thicker than the 2002 model.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DVD

The DVD has minimal controls up front (sound vol), there are controls both on the ceiling unit and of course in the remote control.

Spidey...

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speaking of remote control...

Its a typical dvd remote contol. They throw in a little holder which is convenient.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spongebob

Another view of the DVD screen

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Nice, beautiful, it brings a tear to my eye!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On the steering wheel, there are only two voice buttons. The "Back" acts as a cancel button.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Microphone location

The microphone is next to the driver's ceiling light...

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congratulations!!!!

It looks like you'll be going for rides just to play with the RES. What's the rear view camera picture like? Any initial thoughts on the Navi or the rear view camera?

My dealer called today. My '03 Touring Navi arrived yesterday and will be available either tmr or mon. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Navi

Have to say- I am pretty inexperienced with navi systems, I have only used one once in a rental. I played with it some while we went out to dinner, but mostly just in the standard map mode. I currently have no clue about "3d navi" or what that might mean. I'm going to try and get through some of the manuals tonight so I can share some more info.

Camera - I should have taken a picture, sorry, It's somewhat fisheyed for increased field of view, but its not too distracting and I assume this is standard. At night the rear lights seemed adequate to light up about 7-8 feet behind the vehicle while backing up. Haven't used it in the day, sorry. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow, along with a couple of exterior pics.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
I'm jealous already. . . nice ride!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts