Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

How much will the MSRP of 03 X (with touring + Nav) go up by?

• less than $500

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • $500 - $1000

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • $1000 - $1500

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • $1500 - $2000

• more than $2000

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pricing will be out today or tomorrow.

By how much do you think the MSRP of MDX touring + NAV (incl destination charges) will go up by, in 03 over 02? Remember, I am not asking what they SHOULD do, I am asking for speculation on what you think they WILL do!

lets see how many of us turn out to be on the mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
03 Touring + Navi should be 3k more, since Rear View Camera for 03 Pilot is like $780. add the the top of old price for 02 Navi comes up close to 3k..
;)
I think it is relative to different model you are getting. Since mine is 03 Touring. I am expecting few hundred dollars increases (crossing my fingers). :p

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My calculation (obviously I could be wrong) is like this:

Base MSRp goes up about 500 - that would be a 1.4% increase, pretty standard and reasonable.

Touring stays at 2600 - its already overpriced, they won't raise it.

Dest. charges stay at 500.

Nav goes up to 2400. On the TL, the Nav is already 2150, since it has onstar. The actual cost to Acura of the camera is not that much. Further, they cannot afford to charge 3000 bucks for the Nav, since many people will opt out of it then. So a 400 dollar increase is what I think will happen in the NAV.

Hence a total of 900 dollars increase.

Of course, this is pure speculation.

You have to understand one thing - there is a very smart, hidden price increase EVEN if they keep all prices the same, since the Nav is only available with touring now. So on a sales weighted basis, they will sell a lot more of those overpriced touring packages, which will make up for it. I don't think they can charge more than 5000 for touring plus Nav combined - many will not go for it if its higher. And remember, they have the RES now, so they will make money there as well.

So the sales weighted price increase will be higher than 900, even if the actual MSRP increase is 900 for touring + NAV. Remember, as models grow older, they become better "value" packages in general.

Now watch the actual price increase come out in the next 15 minutes proving how wrong my thinking was!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm guessing that the Nav will go up around $800-900 while the base price for either model will go up around $650.

Is anyone else hitting refresh on acuranews.com every half hour??? :rolleyes: :3:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah well, I posted this thread a bit too late, since the official pricing just came out. I was pretty close though!

base went up 1000 (i said 500)
touring didn't go up
destination charges didn't go up
Nav went up 200 (I said 400)

so total increase was 1200 (i said 900).

I think at 41,000, the 03 X (with touring and Nav) is a much better value than the 02 at 39,800.

Enjoy everyone!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pricing info available

MDX350,

Where did you get that pricing info? I have yet to see anything official.

......and if you do have prices, please post the source or alteast the information.

·
Registered
206 Posts
'Touring Didn't Go Up' ???

MDX350 said:
Ah well, I posted this thread a bit too late, since the official pricing just came out. I was pretty close though!

base went up 1000 (i said 500)
touring didn't go up
destination charges didn't go up
Nav went up 200 (I said 400)

so total increase was 1200 (i said 900).

I think at 41,000, the 03 X (with touring and Nav) is a much better value than the 02 at 39,800.

Enjoy everyone!!
Touring is up by a grand, by my calculation....02 was 37.3k, 03 is 38.3K....the 37.3K is from the Acura website, the 38.3 is from Cassie's post.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think mdx350 was saying that the Touring Package is still 2600 more than the Premium model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts