Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention Jamie or anyone else with answer

My 2003 MDX is at the dealer and I will be picking up on Monday Oct. 28. My dealer mentioned that the front passenger seat does not have the four way power seat as listed in the brochure. They have contacted Torrance Cali. and are waiting for an answer. All of the premiums received on their first shipment are without the power seat.

Has anyone received a 2003 Premium that has the passenger seat with the four way power seat? I'm very curious. I'm guessing someone "goofed" on the brochure. Any comments are appreciated.

Anyway, I am exited about my "X" becoming available on Monday. I am glad I waited for the 2003, the changes make a great car even better.

IOWALION

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
What is it, MANUAL ADJUST ONLY??

If they dropped all the way from power to manual, I think some other folks would have noticed.

Can't belive this hasn't been mentioned before...

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Unfortunately, some of us have always <a href="http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=81185#post81185">suspected</a> that the brochure stating that the power passenger seat (for the Premium/base) was a typo. I assume you're referring to page 22 of the brochure, which says "the supple front passenger's seat offers comfort with 4-way power adjustment" (this in reference to the base, while the Touring adds an 8-way power adjustable passenger's seat).

The MDX never had a 4-way power adjustable seat in the Premium in previous years; I'm not even sure if Honda makes power seats that are only 4-way adjustable. Unfortunately, I think the "power adjustment" was a typo and it was just supposed to say "... offers comfort with 4-way adjustment." Just like the 2001 and 2002.

The extensive list of changes for 2003 did not include any mention of a 4-way power passenger seat.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they do indeed come with 4-way power passenger's seat for the 2003.

Please do let us know what Acura Corporate says. It'll be interesting to see how they react to this, especially if it is indeed a typo. I suppose there's some kind of disclaimer in the brochure saying they're not responsible for typos but one would hope they'd do something for you.

If they tell you it's a typo, try complaining that if you had known, you'd had bought the Touring because you really need a power passenger seat.

·
3,109 Posts
from pg 27.

specs on the acura web site does not mention a 4 way passenger pwr seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's too bad they have to have a disclaimer to cover the butt of the proofreader who obviously wasn't paying too much attention that day.

Perhaps all of the price increases for 2003 are typos too?
:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Triple7 said:
It's too bad they have to have a disclaimer to cover the butt of the proofreader who obviously wasn't paying too much attention that day.

Perhaps all of the price increases for 2003 are typos too?
:rolleyes:

Ehhh in this sue happy day and age, everyone does that simple disclaimer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't know if the 2002 was like this, but the new and improved airbag sensors in the passenger's seat come at the expense of the seatback heater. Only the lower seat cushion on the passenger side is heated.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Bob Grammar wrote:
Don't know if the 2002 was like this, but the new and improved airbag sensors in the passenger's seat come at the expense of the seatback heater. Only the lower seat cushion on the passenger side is heated.
Bob,

I believe that this has been true since the MDX was introduced [e.g. the same in both the 01 and 02].

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Re Premium X -- Pwr Passenger Seat

iowalion,

What does the WINDOW STICKER say?

If it says 4-way Pwr Passenger Seat, then I think Acura will owe you one.

If it says manual [or doesn't stipulate], then I think you have a problem.

IMHO

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sticker

The sticker did not indicate power passenger seat. I just called Acura also. You're right about the fine print on the brochure, that's exactly what they told me. Oh well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just picked up my 2003 Premium yesterday and no it doesn't have passenger power seat adjustment (it's manual). I believe I never seen anybody promised power there. By hey, you're gonna love new door seals and leather armrest not to mention 260 HP and drive-by-wire.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
miro,

Maybe I've been asleep at the switch, "new door seals"??

What is different? Just looks or do they do something (like cut down on noise, etc.)?

.. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
131 Posts
It would appear that the 2003 canadian version has an 8 way power passenger seat.
http://www.honda.ca/AcuraEng/Models/MDX/features.asp

SEATING & TRIM (back to top) MDX
Leather-trimmed interior (front and 2nd row only) •
Leather-wrapped steering wheel & shift knob •
Wood-print trim •
Driver's 8-way power seat with adjustable lumbar support and two-position memory control •
Passenger's 8-way power seat •
Heated front seats •
Centre console with storage •
Rear seat headrests •
Carpeted floor mats •

©2000 - ©2002 Honda Canada, Inc. All information contained herein applies to Canadian vehicles only.
Please see our legal terms and conditions

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
scoobs,

The Model under discussion is the Premium, not the Touring. I think you have listed the features of the Touring.

·
Registered
131 Posts
In Canada there is only one model of MDX and those were the specs for it. Honda does the same thing in Canada re. the Pilot. They only sell the EX or EX-L, no LX in Canada.
I think you meant to say that the model under discussion was the Premium.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
To my knowledge the touring model and above(Touring with Navagation) have the power passenger seat. The base model has a manual passenger seat?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
scoobs ... yup on your correction ... I have edited my post to read:

"The Model under discussion is the Premium, not the Touring"

.... thanks for catching this ... Steven

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Yep, as others like Xcel have pointed out, Canadians do not get the equivalent "Base" (Premium) version of the MDX, they only the "Touring".

·
Registered
118 Posts
Attn: srpbep
I just probably don't call it right. When you open the front door and look at the bottom of door opening next to the seat, there is a nice silver plate with "Acura" on it. Somebody please help me with the right term...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Miro:

___It has been commonly referred to as a Sill Plate but I like the shiny chrome thingy that you step on myself ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts