Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To All,

I've been contacted by some of you and asked to check out this site. I've actually been lurking here for sometime. I usually only post if asked direct questions. I do not solicit clients from online boards, but will offer you any information I have available to me that can be shared.

As I've told the users of the Edmunds site, I'll post only the 2003 MDX information that can be verified. I'll begin copying my edmunds posts to this site if you'd like.

If you have specific questions regarding MDX's, just let me know. I'd be happy to assist you. You can contact me here or by using the email address from my profile.

I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend.

Jamie S.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MK23666

According the Acura representatives, yes, the MDX will have more power. The number I've had told to me was 260hp. Unfortunately, this cannot be confirmed until the full stats on the 2003 are available. I have no details on the exact displacement. You should have your questions answered within the next Month.

Jamie S.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
MK23666 said:
Motortrend says the displacement will be upgraded to 3.8L
Is it true?
go to www.motortrend.com then go to future veichles then 2003.
That is the big question, when the first confirmed info. will come out? I can't seem to find any comments on the motor trend website, any pointers on where to go in that site for comments? I've been searching all over the net, but no confirmed data at this point.

·
Registered
147 Posts
jamiestockman said:
To All,

If you have specific questions regarding MDX's, just let me know. I'd be happy to assist you. You can contact me here or by using the email address from my profile.

I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend.

Jamie S.

jamie,

Do you usually get the official information on changes for the new model year all at once or does it come to you a little at a time?

A few changes I would love to have in 2003 are:

-- More HP (as you stated most likely will happen)
-- HID headlights
-- A full size spare

Thanks for all your info so far.
:)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just spoke to a dealer - he says that the first build date for 03 is Oct 1. They will be ordering them before Aug 15, so by then they will have info on new colors and option package choices. Pricing info may be available by then, but may not be - everything should be known by Aug end.

So all those looking for a deal below MSRP - buy your 02 X's in September!!

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
MDX350 said:
I just spoke to a dealer - he says that the first build date for 03 is Oct 1. They will be ordering them before Aug 15, so by then they will have info on new colors and option package choices. Pricing info may be available by then, but may not be - everything should be known by Aug end.

So all those looking for a deal below MSRP - buy your 02 X's in September!!
Nothing confirmable yet!!! Just hear-say at this point. No definite on price or changes to the models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I stopped by a dealer on Saturday and found out that there is one change that was confirmed on the 2003 mdx. They will have the exact same colors available as the Honda Pilot. That means in addition to the old colors we've got: Evergreen Pearl, Sage Brush Pearl and Sandstone Metallic plus the addition of saddle interior.

·
Registered
194 Posts
paul123 said:

That is the big question, when the first confirmed info. will come out? I can't seem to find any comments on the motor trend website, any pointers on where to go in that site for comments? I've been searching all over the net, but no confirmed data at this point.
The link I provided should have taken you there. But lets see ... once you go to the Motortrend site click on "Future Vehicles" on the left under "Guides". Then scroll down to the middle of the screen and you'll see "2003" click that and you'll find a list of info for the 2003 lineups. The MDX has only a one sentence blurb about the engine displacement.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
MK23666 said:

The link I provided should have taken you there. But lets see ... once you go to the Motortrend site click on "Future Vehicles" on the left under "Guides". Then scroll down to the middle of the screen and you'll see "2003" click that and you'll find a list of info for the 2003 lineups. The MDX has only a one sentence blurb about the engine displacement.
Thanks for the path was able to see the likely to bump to 3.8 Liters. They have been stating this for the RL for the last couple of years and haven't done anything yet. In my opinion, they may go to the 3.5 liter type S 260-280 horsepower at best for the 2003 year. Then in 2004 upgrade to a 3.5 liter and 3.8 liter options.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Would it be asking too much to leave this thread free of the 2003 speculation that is already rampant on a number of existing threads? I come to this thread hoping for reliable information from Jamie. He might not be able to provide as many juicy rumors of features people are wishing for, but that's because he's not going to BS us.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
wmquan said:
Would it be asking too much to leave this thread free of the 2003 speculation that is already rampant on a number of existing threads? I come to this thread hoping for reliable information from Jamie. He might not be able to provide as many juicy rumors of features people are wishing for, but that's because he's not going to BS us.
I feel the forum is open to discussion and opinions. We will have the facts shortly, but I didn't realize comments were not welcome!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi all, I am one of the many caught in the dilemna of '02 now or '03 later...?

Anyway, my dealer just called me and gave me the goods on what he found out. Although not much, here it is, straight from him.

Engine upgrade of about 20 hp, but didn't know what displacement would be. Also, he said the wheel rims were being re-designed. There would be an auto-up feature on driver window and there would be an active traction/skid control system.

Now here in Canada, we only get one model, a touring without Nav, and he said for us this would not be changing, darn, I really wanted that Nav system, more for the screen than anything.

The other thing was that base price was likely in the $3M range (Cdn dollars).

This was all he had for me at this time, but did say that midnight blue was coming, along with Sandstone (replace Mesa Beige?)

Hope I'm not starting rumours here, but that is the scoop. So, the decision even becomes worse '02 or '03. The power upgrade would be great, but not a deal breaker...is it worth the few extra thousand? Maybe a comment on how the traction on slick roads would validate how important this active system will be...by the way, speculation has been half the fun...I don't mind it, what will be, will be, in the end regardless...

1 - 20 of 97 Posts