Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers window inoperative and will not go up nor down via switch (of course, it failed in the down position). Either of the two relays in Window Control Module in door behind handle *click* when window switch is up or down respectively. Removed motor with assembly and ran 12V directly to motor. Works. Reinstalled. Jumper wires to two motor wires on the 6-pin connector to the window motor assembly also works. Ran 12V+ direct from battery to Pin 8 of WCM and window will go up/down via door switch, but Auto function does not work. At least the window is now up so rain or security are not an issue.

Coming up dry looking for schematics and wiring. Appears power to WCM is lacking, wiring issue, or potentially an issue with the multiplex (MICU), but can't trouble shoot without more info.

Interesting note, all other windows work. Fuses fine. Online and owners manual list 20-amp fuse for each P/W (power window), but passenger fuse panel and label specify 7.5-amp for drivers front left window. Checked other four fuse panels (both under hood left and right, driver's side, and three fuse unit next to driver's side).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sounds like your switch is bad.

The Auto Up / Down is a function of the logic board on the switch I believe.

At least you don't have to change the motor...like I did (Which actually wasn't that bad)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I repeat, I can get the switch to work (w/o the Auto function) IF I jump12V+ to Pin 8 of the WCM. So, it is not the door switch. Even tested switched continuity for it, which was fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed. Traced to broken WHT/BLU wire in loom at door hinge. Was able to move rubber snorkel over loom enough to get both ends, strip, add a section of white wire, and seal both ends with white heat shrink.

The two rows of pin numbers inside the WCM on my '03 were in the opposite order of what's on this diagram, but the wire colors were correct. Diagrams for all windows attached.

WCM#- Color/Stripe (Diagram#)
1-WHT/BLU (8)
2-GRN/WHT (7)
3- blank (6)
4-GRN/RED (5)
5-BLU/GRN (4)
6-RED (3)
7- blank (2)
8-BLK (1)

9- blank (18)
10-GRN/YEL (17)
11-YEL/WHT (16)
12-BLU/ORN (15)
13-BLU/ORN (14)
14-BLK/WHT (13)
15-GRN (12)
16-YEL/GRN (11)
17- blank (10)
18-YEL/BLU (9)

There's a similar diagram at this post with some wire color differences.
http://www.mdxers.org/forums/14-problems/125362-driver-side-window-will-not-roll-down.html#post1167658

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts