Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
When someone has a 2003 brocure you will know, not necessary to ask. The first person to post information from a 2003 brocure will be very popular here.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi 2002 Acura MDX:

___You may want to take a look at pg. 9 of the 2003 MDX Changes - See First Five Posts thread for information on how to get added to a list of future customers that are interested in the 2003 MDX brochure as well. Just reply to Jamie as posted and he will hopefully provide you with the brochure scanned to jpg or in a pdf or similar format.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerde[email protected]

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
2002 Acura MDX! said:
Is there anybody that has a 2003 MDX brochure???? If someone has one, lets talk about it.
No brochure until they release the info first. We are all dying on a daily basis waiting for the information. The first one to post confirmed data on the 2003 MDX will be as good as god to all the members of this website. The dealer will have the brochures as soon as we have some verbals. Eagerly awaiting on my tippy toes for the data, and I own a 2002 and am not buying. At least at this point, unless the changes push me to upgrade to the newer model. I will get killed by depreciation, even know the residual is good. I bought outright now I'm thinking I should of leased it would make the decision easier I believe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 MDX confirmed updates

I am new to this site. My wife and I are trying to decide to get an MDX, and I think we are ready to place our order. We are going to be getting a 2003 model, though, due to the confirmed changes that will be made on the new model year. We recently test drove an MDX (2002) and just that day the dealer said he and his sales people had met with an Acura home office guy who had given them confirmed and speculated (possible) changes for the 2003 year. Here they are:

Confirmed

3.8 L engine with 260 hp
Xenon high intensity headlamps
Vehicle Stability Assist (skid control)
Rear TV/DVD System (RES) - factory option
Rear view camera with navigator
New colors:
Sandstone Metallic/Saddle interior (the one we'll be getting - already used on RL models)
Midnight Blue Pearl/Saddle
Sagebrush/Quartz
Silver(new Quartz interior)
White (new Quartz interior)

Maybe 2003 (if not then 2004)
Side curtains (in addition to side airbags)
Laser cruise
Voice activated Navigator
Satellite radio
Hands-free phone
Chrome side step option
Color matched fender trim option
Door sun visors option
Back up sensors

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Elijahgreg:

___From all the Car magazines and dealer disclosures to date, all of the 03 changes except for the 3.8 L engine and Xenon HID’s has been speculated/confirmed. I don’t see a smallish .3 L increase in displacement only receiving a 20 HP increase given the expense involved in completely redesigning what Acura already has but who knows. As for the HID’s … there are some here that would probably sell there 01’s and 02’s with the large depreciation loss for that option ;)

___And on to the 03/04 speculation … Side curtains (in addition to side airbags), Chrome side steps, Color matched fender trim options, and Back up sensors would be a very nice addition to the MDX indeed :D

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Please post fact or fiction tomorrow!!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Henry_atwork:

___I just called the closest Acura dealer and they have nothing. Post what you have ASAP please …

___Thanks

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello all MDX lovers...

For several months I have been following the info on the 2003's. Well, I spoke with my local Acura dealer just this morning and was told that they did have some brochures and that I could have one. I can't wait to check it out. I will also get a call when the new colors/models come in. Now, I say models because I was told that Acura is making some subtle changes to the car in the way of chrome and slight, very slight, body changes but that they were not doing more as the current style is so popular. This was news to me. The 2003's should be in the showrooms late October to mid-November. I was also told:

The larger 260 hp engine will be standard & has 2500 lbs of torque;
The rims/wheels will be different;
There will be a rear DVD system that can be gotten w/the touring package or the touring/nav. package;
The rear camera will ONLY come with the navigation package;
There is no longer a base model - there will be a) touring. b) touring w/nav., 3) touring w/DVD, 4) touring w/nav. & DVD, and 5) touring w/nav. & DVD (everything).

There is also the strong posibility of the HID lights, too.

The color sagebrush is supposedly a greenish-brown, the midnight blue is, of course, dark, and the sandstone does replace the mesa beige. The oyster interior is a soft grey.

I know that this repeats what has been mentioned but it should seem to be more likely. The body changes will be interesting and I'm curious if anyone has more info on what they will be. I have appreciated all that I have discovered here and I hope is helps others.

I am waiting for the new colors and prices to come out before I make my final decision on which MDX to own.:4:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Many pictures of the 2003 model have already been posted on this board - if there are any external changes - they are not apparent from the pictures.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Re: Re: The VTM has been discontinued...

Renov8r,

Wouldn't that exceed the maximum payload of the MDX?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I got MY 2003 Brochure!

Dealer closest to my house said they didn't have ANY 03 info. They did have an 02 (or maybe a few...) on the big display stands in their parking lot...

Other dealer, about 5 miles further west, on the same street, DID give me a brochure. BTW all the 02's in their showroom were marked SOLD...

Anyhow, yes, there IS a base.

Yes, the leather is still perferorated.

Yes the Touring still gets the in dash CD changer.

Yes the Bose still has the twiddler -- 2.5" full range speaker, it refers to the front 2" speakers as full range as well NOT tweeters :rolleyes:

VSA is standard in both Premium & Touring and VSA includes traction control.

The ONLY PHOTO of Premium does not clearly show the WHEELS but the picture on Weick is clearly the Touring with its new wheels. Touring package includes "Exclusive wheel design" --- no mention of different RUBBER...

Crankcase has 5.3 quarts of oil.

"Towing requires installation of both power-steering-fluid cooler and transmission-fluid cooler, both available exclusively from your Acura dealer."

Halogen headlamps.

Auto-up & auto-down driver window

Rear view camera -- Nav only

Recommended fuel: Premium unleaded 91 octane.

Total Touring:
-roof rack
-wheel
-remote linkedpower driver seat & front passenger seat
-remote linked mirror
-Bose
-sensing wipers

If I missed anything that you think should be in the brochure, ask away...

·
Registered
48 Posts
New Brochure

renov8r

Any pictures of the new colors that you could scan for us?
Pretty Please? :4:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
New Brochure

Try to post some pic's from the new brochure. Scan or digital pic's would be nice thanks.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Renov8r:

___You may as well have been reading my mind when you posted your info yesterday …

Yes, the leather is still perforated :(

VSA is standard in both Premium & Touring and VSA includes traction control :)

The ONLY PHOTO of Premium does not clearly show the WHEELS :(

Crankcase has 5.3 quarts of oil :)

Recommended fuel … :)

___Thanks again

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
216 Posts
when they say recommended ... does that mean that you have to use Premium... or you have a choice to use super or regular gas ...?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts