Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I pulled the positive battery cable and used a ammeter to check for a draw. And there is one going on, but when I pull the 40a BackUp ACC fuse it goes away. Does anyone know what is tied into this fuse or has had this issue. And yes I am searching the webs as I type this.... Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it spiked really high once at 13.0 then it hasn't done it again. now every time i rehook up the meter it will spike up to 1.0 then drop down to .54 then go down to .24 and stay there.. when I pull the 40a backup ACC fuse it tests out at 0.00

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
A quarter amp isn't much to worry about. The 13 amps was probably just a "startup current rush" as all the computers (etc.) all powered up. What kind of problems are you having that you're worried about 1/4 amp?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My battery keeps dying and I have to jump start it just about every time I drive it.. I had the system tested at Advance Auto and the battery, starter, alternator came back good. So thats what is leading me to a major current draw.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
0.25 amps won't drain your battery overnight (or heck, over the course of a week). You're chasing the wrong problem. If your alternator IS charging the battery when the engine is running, you have a bad battery if it's not starting a few hours later. Batteries can go bad and test good intermittently. I'm betting that's the case with yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts